Huawei has officially started rolling out the December 2021 HarmonyOS software update for its Huawei MatePad 11 global users. This new update will bring in improved system security while also featuring optimizations for third-party applications.
The December 2021 Software Update for Huawei MatePad will feature a HarmonyOS upgrade, taking the OS version from base build 188.8.131.52 (C432E2R2P1) to HarmonyOS 2 version 184.108.40.206. Moreover, it will arrive with a software package weighing around 216 MB. The December 2021 Security Patch will fix 2 CVEs in Kernel, 1 CVE in Framework, 3 CVEs in applications, 3 CVEs in the system, as well as 62 CVEs in third-party libraries for overall better system security.
Changelog for the December 2021 HarmonyOS Update for Huawei MatePad 11
The latest December 2021 Security update for Huawei MatePad 11 is currently being rolled out for global users in batches, so always be on the lookout as your device will likely receive the update in the coming days and weeks. Huawei MatePad 11 users will be receiving the update that’ll upgrade the firmware from HarmonyOS version 220.127.116.11 from HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168 and come in a package size of 216 MB.
- The update will install the latest December 2021 HarmonyOS Security Patch for overall improved system security
- The update will also improve the horizontal viewing experience in third-party apps
How to update your Huawei MatePad 11 smartphones?
You can manually download and install this update by going to your device’s settings. For doing that, follow these simple instructions –
- Open the Settings
- Click on System and Updates
- Now, open Software Update
- Tap on the option Check for Updates
- If the update is available, simply click on Download and Install
- Once the installation is finished, reboot your MatePad 11 device
Alternatively, you could manually request software updates through the “My Huawei” app. In order to do that, open the “My Huawei app”, tap on the “Update” option, then select the “Check for Updates” option, and finally “Download and Install”.