Huawei has officially started rolling out the new HarmonyOS 2.0 update for its Huawei P30 lineup. This update will bring in numerous system fixes that were previously in past versions of HarmonyOS. The update will be available for the following adapting models – Huawei P30 (ELE-AL00), Huawei P30 (ELE-TL00), Huawei P30 Pro (VOG-AL00), Huawei P30 Pro (VOG-TL00), and Huawei P30 Pro (VOG-AL00).
This update will install the December 2021 Security Patch to bring overall improved system security. Your Huawei P30 Series will be protected against threats by fixing different levels of CVEs encountered in the system.
Changelog for December 2021 Security Update for Huawei P30 Series
The December 2021 Security Update for Huawei P30 Series will update the HarmonyOS version, taking the firmware to the latest HarmonyOS v188.8.131.52. This update is already available in the Chinese market and it is expected to be rolled out in other markets in the coming days. The new update will not bring any big changes or new features for the system, but it will bring the new HarmonyOS and the security patch.
- Huawei P30 Series handsets will get an upgrade in HarmonyOS firmware, taking the OS version from 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11
- The new update will install the December 2021 HarmonyOS security patch for an improved system security
How to update your Huawei P30 Series smartphones?
You can manually download and install this update by going to your device’s settings. For doing that, follow these simple instructions –
- Open the Settings
- Click on System and Updates
- Now, open Software Update
- Tap on the option Check for Updates
- If the update is available, simply click on Download and Install
- Once the installation is finished, reboot your Huawei P30 Series device
Alternatively, you could manually request software updates through the “My Huawei” app. In order to do that, open the “My Huawei app”, tap on the “Update” option, then select the “Check for Updates” option, and finally “Download and Install”.