OnePlus is known for its best in class affordable flagship-killer and upper mid-range segment devices along with the better software support. Both the OnePlus devices and OxygenOS works really well. Currently, Android 11 Developer Preview 3 and Public Beta 3 build are available in the market. Meanwhile, Google is expected to release the Android 11 official stable version next month in September 2020. Similarly, OnePlus is also rolling out the HydrogenOS 11 (OxygenOS 11) for its OnePlus 8/8 Pro models in China. If you’re interested in using the new HydrogenOS 11 then check this article.
To be very specific, the HydrogenOS is meant for Chinese OnePlus variants. While the OxygenOS is applicable for the global OnePlus variants outside the Chinese market. As Google is on the verge of releasing Android 11 stable, some of the smartphone OEMs are interested in enlisting their compatible devices. Therefore, OnePlus is one of them and they have already started pushing the Android 11 DP3 update to OnePlus 8/8 Pro models.
The all-new HydrogenOS 11 brings plenty of features and improvements like new user interface, updated OnePlus stock apps with Weather app, Always-On Display feature, smart gallery, voice notes, multi-user zen mode, improved lock screen interface & customizations, etc. It’s also worth mentioning that the official OxygenOS 11 build for OnePlus 8/8 Pro will arrive pretty soon. According to the reports, the H2OS 11 will also include Google Play Services that means users can simply get interact with Google apps and services.
Coming to the topic, the H2OS 11 also includes all the native Android 11 features like improved user privacy control, advanced app permissions, chat bubbles, waterfall display support, camera improvements, 5G support, improved biometrics support, foldable display support, and more.
HydrogenOS 11 Android 11 (OxygenOS 11) – Features
- Overall visual refresh (including more immersive weather, more comfortable browsing of photo albums and notes, etc.)
- Fully optimize the large-screen operating experience, comfortable and convenient with one hand
- Built-in two brand-new fonts (Cang Er Jin Kai, Huakang Round Type), OnePlus Ying Hei font is upgraded to OnePlus Sans
- Added a new live wallpaper, combined with the time point of sunrise to sunset, the color of the wallpaper changes accordingly, echoing the changes in the sky
Information screen display
- Added the function of constant light display on the information screen, which can be selected as scheduled/all day. The setting method is: setting-display-the screen display is always on
- Added a custom style for the “Time” screen display. 10 clocks are available for the regular style. The setting method is: Settings-Personalization-Clock Style
- Added a shortcut switch for dark mode, pull down the shortcut settings to open
- The dark mode supports the setting of automatic opening and time period. The setting method is: setting-display-dark mode-automatic opening-according to sunset and sunrise/custom time opening
- Added three new themes (ocean, space, grassland) and provide more duration options
- Added support for multi-person meditation mode, you can invite friends to meditation together
- The smart album newly supports a week review function, which can intelligently generate videos according to the material situation to retain memories.
- Add OnePlus mutual transfer, quickly share files to surrounding devices, support OPPO, Vivo, Realme, Xiaomi, Meizu, and other brands
Download HydrogenOS 11 for OnePlus 8/8 Pro (OxygenOS 11 – Android 11)
- OnePlus 8 – HydrogenOS 11 Developer Preview | Downgrade package
- OnePlus 8 Pro – HydrogenOS 11 Developer Preview | Downgrade package
Steps to Upgrade Firmware
- Head over to the device Settings menu.
- Tap on System -> System Update.
- Tap on Settings icon -> Select Local Upgrade.
- Browse and select the downloaded HydrogenOS 11 (Android 11) firmware file for your respective model.
- Keep waiting until the firmware gets installed completely. Your device will reboot into the new system.
Keep visiting the blog for more info.