In this guide you will learn How to safely Download & Install CyanogenMod 12.1 Nightly On LG G4 H815.If you want a Stable CyanogenMod ROM for LG G4, then just install this CM 12.1 Nightly ROM.The ROM is Fully functional and can be used as a daily driver.Just follow the guide below to Install CyanogenMod 12.1 Nightly On LG G4.
LG G4 is the Flagship phone of LG for 2015.The phone has already received Android 6.0 Marshmallow update from the manufacturer.If you haven’t updated yet then follow our guide linked below:-
Android 6.0 Marshmallow On LG G4 Posts
- Download Official CM13 ROM For LG G4 (H815) Android Marshmallow 6.0
- Manually Update LG G4 to Marshmallow Android 6.0 update with stock ROM 20A
If you don’t like the stock ROM of LG and want a cleaner ROM, then what will be a better choice than CyanogenMod ROMs.Team CyanogenMod has released CyanogenMod 13 a.k.a CM 13 Nightly ROMs for LG G4.Now you can download the CM 13 Nightly ROM from their site and Flash them on your LG G4 via Custom recovery like TWRP.If you don’t know how to flash custom ROM then go to the below guide on How to Safely Install CyanogenMod 12.1 Nightly On LG G4 H815
→This is only for LG G4 H815 so don’t try this on other models.
*Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin.
Install CyanogenMod 12.1 Nightly On LG G4
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your LG G4 while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
- Unlocked bootloader is required in order to flash the system and boot images on your G4. To unlock the bootloader on your device, get to the official page.
- Make sure you have TWRP recovery installed on your device.If not follow this guide->How to Install TWRP Recovery via Fastboot On Any Android Device
- You must have LG device drivers installed on your PC.Download from Here
Now Root is also available for LG G4 H815 On Marshmallow Update A20 (Link Below)
CM 12.1 Nightlies for LG G4 — Download | File: cm-12.1-20151110-NIGHTLY-h815.zip
Download | Google Apps from Open Gapps
How To Install CyanogenMod 12.1 Nightly On LG G4 H815
Step By Step Guide
- First Download the CM 12.1 ROM and the Gapps from the download section above
- Now transfer the zip files into your device’s internal storage via MicroUSB
- Now reboot into Custom Recovery (like TWRP)
To boot into TWRP, first turn off your device and then press and hold volume down and power keys at the same time. If you see the TWRP logo, that means you have successfully booted into the recovery
- We highly recommends you to perform a nandroid backup.So you can restore your previous ROM with data if anything goes wrong
- After performing the ROM backup, perform a full wipe
- Now go back to the TWRP main menu or home screen and tap on the install option. Navigate to the ROM file and select it.
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with the installation. The ROM will be installed.
- Now return to home in the TWRP and tap on the install option. Navigate to the Google apps zip file and select it.
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with the installation.
- Once installation Process is completed, reboot to system.
- Done!!! Now your LG G4 H815 is running CM 12.1 Nightly
For any queries related to this post, comment down below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.