Download/Install Resurrection Remix Oreo On LG G4 (Android 8.1 Oreo): Hello guys! Today, we are here to share with you all about rooting, custom ROMs, and how any LG G4 user can easily download and install Resurrection Remix Oreo on their LG G4 within no time. Rooting is one of the best features of any Android smartphone. Rooting gives you an abundance of options to tinker with the settings, make changes to the interface, and most importantly to install custom ROMs. Custom ROMs make your device much more flexible and also give you total control of your device. This new update of Resurrection Remix is based on the source code of Android 8.1 Oreo firmware and what makes it better than the stock firmware is that it not only contains its unique features but it also comes with all the features of the stock ROM as well.
The LG G4 was released after the tremendous success of its younger brother, the LG G3. While there wasn’t any much of a design over-haul to it, it was still considered as a big upgrade, thanks to the more powerful specifications inside, and overall a much better experience while using it. It sported a 5.5″ QHD display, a 16 MP camera, 3 Gigabytes of RAM, the Snapdragon 808, and a 3000 mAh battery to power everything up. However, it lacks a lot of customizability options though!
If you are an LG G4 user who has wanted to install a custom ROM for quite some time but hasn’t been able to execute it due to lack of information, then this post will fix all your problems. Here, we will be giving you all the important information regarding rooting, custom ROMs, its benefits, and more. After that, we will be giving you a step-by-step guide to help you install this custom ROM within a matter of minutes.
Any LG G4 user looking to install a custom ROM on their device will find this post of high value. Here, we will be giving you an elaborate guide consisting of not only the instruction manual to install the custom ROM but also of all the basic details which will give you proper information regarding custom ROM and its benefits.s.
What is Custom ROMs On Android?
Custom ROMs are based on Official Android source codes which are customized or developed by developers or a community of developers. Custom ROMs come with loads of extra customizations which makes them unique and popular among the android lovers. Remember, Custom ROMs are not provided by Google or other mobile vendors but are developed and maintained by the community and its contributors.
Benefits Of Custom ROMs
1) Vanilla Android (Pixel Style)
Most Of the AOSP Based Custom ROMs are bloatware free and have very close to the stock look and feel which makes them super snappy. These ROMs are very optimized for battery and performance.
2) Root Access
Most of the Custom ROMs are pre-rooted. The process of gaining full admin control of the Android device is called Rooting On Android. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 8.0 Oreo) On old device by installing third party ROMs Resurrection Remix or LineageOS 15.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
3) Regular Updates
Most of the Android smartphone manufacturer provides 2-year software support and after that, the devices won’t get any official update. In that case, users have to fully depend on Custom ROMs to test the latest Android on their devices.
Most of the developers of the Custom ROMs provide a 4)regular update which is one of the best things about Custom ROMs.
Android is famous for Customization and Custom ROMs take this to another level. Unlike Stock vanilla android Custom ROMs come with various customization options. We are sharing few of them below
- Users can enable or disable navigation bar
- Users can customize navigation bar and Status bar icons
- Some Custom ROMs come with different MODs
- Some Custom ROMs come with Custom Kernels which allow users to Overclock or underclock the CPU and GPU.
- Some Custom ROMs come with support for Third party themes
5) Battery and Performance
Most Of the Custom ROMs are very close to stock vanilla android in look. The Custom ROMs are very optimized which results in better battery life and smooth performance.
- List Of Android Devices Getting Lineage OS 16 (Android 9.0 P)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Resurrection Remix On LG G4.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Download Resurrection Remix For LG G4 (Resurrection Remix v6.0.0)
- Download The ROM | Credit: kessaras | Xda Development Page
- Download Official GApps For Official Resurrection Remix
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 (If you want root access)
Full ROMs List For LG G4:  Full List Of Best Android Oreo ROMs For LG G4 | Android 8.0/8.1 ROMs
Steps To Install Resurrection Remix On LG G4 | Android 8.1 Oreo Update (RR v6.0.0)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into the latest Android
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.