Guide: How to Install G928AUCU2BPE6 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Update On AT&T Galaxy S6 Edge Plus.Simple steps to update AT&T Galaxy S6 Edge Plus to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow G928AUCU2BPE6 Firmware
The firmware update bus is the one which no service-providers would like to miss! The marshmallow firmware updates have come out for premium Samsung devices like the S6 variants and Note 5. AT & T couldn’t afford to fall behind and have taken a step towards releasing the TouchWIz firmware for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S6 edge plus SM-G928A.You can manually check for the update from the settings menu.
If your device’s unlocked or rooted, then you are not going to get the update notification.You have to manually flash the OTA Firmware update file using ADB Sideload to get G928AUCU2BPE6 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Update On AT&T Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
While the OTA updates are officially released from the AT&T servers, the full firmware is not yet available for download. The TouchWIz OS for AT&T is almost impossible to obtain. But for the users who have rooted the device or impatiently awaiting an update notification, the OTA files given below are a must-grab! Using it with the ADB sideload method would also make sure that you do not void your warranty.[symple_box color=”gray” fade_in=”false” float=”center” text_align=”left” width=””]
About AT&T Galaxy S6 Edge Plus Marshmallow Firmware:
(Marshmallow Update On AT&T Galaxy S6 Edge Plus)
- Android version: 6.0.1
- Baseband version: G928AUCU2BPE6
- Build Number: MMB29K.G928AUCU2BPE6
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin.
- This guide is only for T-Mobile Note 4, so don’t try on other models.
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your AT&T S6 Edge Plus while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure you have G928AUCU2APB2 on your phone. Check Settings > System > About Devices > Baseband version.
- Download & Install Galaxy USB drivers on your computer,
- Enable USB debugging on your AT&T S6 Edge Plus. smartphone.Guide How to Enable Developer Options & USB Debugging
- Take a backup of your apps & data.Guide How to Backup Important Data On Android (Non rooted users)
(Thanks to meek2100 over Xda)
How to Install G928AUCU2BPE6 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Update On AT&T Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
Step By step Guide:
- First, read the Pre-requirements section carefully.
- Download the OTA Update from the download section
- Then rename the downloaded update file to “OTA.zip” and move it to your main PC directory C:\
- Next, Open CMD on your Computer
- Boot your device into bootloader. (First turn off the phone then restart phone by holding down the POWER + HOME + VOL UP button at the same time. Once you see UPDATE LOGO release the buttons on your phone.
- Now use the volume keys to highlight “Apply update from ADB”, next press the power button to select it.
- Now check wheter your device is connected properly or not by issing the following commands
- Then type the given command (C:/ because we have moved the file to “C” root folder)
adb sideload C:/ota.zip
- Now press enter and it should start transfering & installing the OTA file
- The process may take upto 1 hour so patient and let the device reboot itself.
- Once the process completed your phone will reboot automatically and you will have 6.0.1!!!!!
If you have any question related to this post leave that in the comment section.Thanks. 🙂
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.