The Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e is currently receiving the latest firmware update in the South Africa region. It’s based on Android 8.1 Oreo and comes with the build number T720XXU1ASK1. The software update brings October 2019 Security Patch to the Galaxy Tab S5e model with improved system security and stability. If you’re using the Galaxy Tab S5e South African variant, then you can check the full guide here. We have provided the steps to Install Galaxy Tab S5E T720XXU1ASK1 October 2019 Security Update.
The October 2019 Android Security Patch level brings the fix for a major security vulnerability in the Media Framework component that could enable a remote attacker via a crafted file to execute arbitrary code on an Android device easily. No additional features or improvements released with this update. Samsung provides the software OTA (over-the-air) updates in batches that can take more time for some of the device users varies on the mobile carrier. It’s recommended to check for OTA updates on an interval basis manually.
Check for OTA Updates Manually
The Galaxy Tab S5e October 2019 Security patch update is available in the South Africa region. As the OTA update is rolling out via batches, it may take some time to roll-out completely. You can manually check for the OTA update on your Galaxy Tab S5e device.
Open the Settings menu on your device > tap on the Software update > then select the Download and install option.
However, if you want to manually flash the software update on your Galaxy Tab S5e device via Odin flash tool, follow the guide mentioned below.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide so kindly proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure the battery is charged up to 60% or above.
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your computer. Follow the guide -> Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows | Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux
- Enable the Developer Options and USB Debugging on your device. Guide
- Create a backup on your device. Check out the guide
- You will require a Windows/Mac PC or Laptop and a USB cable.
- Download all the required files such as firmware, tools, drivers from below. Then proceed to the installation part.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e (SM-T720) – T720XXU1ASK1 | Firmware Link
- Download latest ODIN flash tool
- Download Samsung USB Drivers
How To Install Galaxy Tab S5E T720XXU1ASK1 October 2019 Security Update
- Download the October 2019 patch firmware update file for Galaxy Tab S5e from the download link above.
- After downloading the latest ODIN flash tool from the above link, install it on your computer.
- Then follow our in-depth guides on how to download and install official Samsung firmware files via Odin!
We hope this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the latest October 2019 patch update on your Galaxy Tab S5e device. Feel free to ask in the comments below if you have any queries.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.