After officially unveiling iOS 16 alongside the iPadOS 16, macOS 13, and watchOS 9 at WWDC 2022, Apple has also rolled out the iOS 16 Developer Beta for users to test out the new features. If you’re a registered Apple Developer Account, you can easily download and install the iOS 16 Developer Beta. But what if you aren’t a paid Apple Developer Account? If so, then don’t worry. In this article, you’ll get to know all about it.
Which are the iOS 16-supported iPhone models?
As Apple has removed previous iPhone models from the compatibility list of iOS 16 devices, ensure that you check if your device will be supported or not. Here is a list of all the devices compatible with iOS 16.
- iPhone 14 Series
- iPhone X
- iPhone SE 2 and SE 3
- iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone Xs, Xs Max, and XR
- iPhone 11, 11 Pro, and 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 12, 12 Pro, 12 Mini, and 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 13, 13 Pro, 13 Mini, and 13 Pro Max
Back up your iPhone by making use of iCloud
- Open the Settings App on your iPhone before tapping on your profile.
- Then, tap on “iCloud” and choose the “iCloud Backup” option.
- Lastly, tap on “Back Up Now” and allow the backup to be completed without any interference.
Download and install iOS 16 Developer Beta
- First, you should open Safari on your iPhone and head over to betaprofiles.com.
- Then, you should choose the iOS 16 Option and then tap the “Install Profile” button.
- After that, a pop-up will come on the screen stating “This website is trying to download a configuration profile. Do you want to allow this?” Then, tap on Allow -> Close.
- Open Settings on your iPhone and then tap on the “Profile Downloaded” option.
- Hit on the “Install” option and enter the device passcode.
- Next, you’ll have to tap on “Install” multiple times and then agree to Apple’s terms and conditions. Once it is done, you’ll get a prompt for restarting the device. Ensure that you hit “Restart” to allow the beta profile to apply the changes.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone and tap on “General”.
- Then, tap on “Software Update” and “Download and Install” to begin installing the iOS 16 Developer Beta.
- After that, agree to the terms and conditions of the Apple Beta update.
- Then, it’ll be time to sit tight and allow the iOS 16 Developer Beta to be installed easily. Once the device has rebooted, you’ll get to experience the latest iOS 16 firmware.