In this guide, you will be able to learn How to Install TWRP and Root Honor 8 On Android Nougat : The Huawei Honor 8 is a beast of a device coming in just under $400, and it has soon become a crowd favorite. When it was first released, Huawei promised the Nougat update for the Honor 8 was already in the works and will arrive very soon. And sure enough, Huawei lived up to its promises, and almost all the Honor 8 devices are now updated to Android 7.0 Nougat.
However, if you wanted to install TWRP recovery and root the Honor 8 on Nougat, then you are out of luck. While you can install TWRP no problem, the Honor 8 will brick itself if you try to flash the usual SuperSU zip file.So there is a way to root the device.
To counter this, we have a special phh SuperSU file which will root your Honor 8 without any issues. Without any further delay, let’s have a look on How to Install TWRP and Root Honor 8 On Android Nougat.
- Make sure you own a Honor 8 with an unlocked bootloader. If your bootloader is locked, then do not proceed any further.
- Ensure you have backed up your personal files. While this will not cost you any loss of data, it is always a good practice to back everything up.Guide
- Without at least 60% charge, don’t proceed with the process.
- You also need ADB and Fastboot installed on your Windows PC, alongside all the drivers.
- Lastly, download the latest and official version of TWRP recovery
TWRP Recovery Image file: Download
PHH SuperSU File : Download
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP AND ROOT Honor 8 On Android Nougat
- Download the .img file from above for your device, and transfer it into your ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Rename it to a name you can remember, we will go for “recovery.img”.
- Boot your Honor 8 into the fastboot mode, and connect it to your PC.
- Launch the command window, and type in the following commands :
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Now your Honor 8 device will reboot, and you will have TWRP installed!
- For being able to root, refer to our comprehensive guide on How To Flash SuperSU using TWRP Recovery & Root Any Android device Make sure you use the phh file instead.
Good going! With just a few simple steps, you’ve learnt How to Install TWRP and Root Honor 8 On Nougat in under the matter of minutes! If you have any queries, then feel free to refer us in the comments section down below.