In this guide, you will be able to learn How to Install TWRP and Root Honor 8 On Android Nougat : The Huawei Honor 8 is a beast of a device coming in just under $400, and it has soon become a crowd favorite. When it was first released, Huawei promised the Nougat update for the Honor 8 was already in the works and will arrive very soon. And sure enough, Huawei lived up to its promises, and almost all the Honor 8 devices are now updated to Android 7.0 Nougat.
However, if you wanted to install TWRP recovery and root the Honor 8 on Nougat, then you are out of luck. While you can install TWRP no problem, the Honor 8 will brick itself if you try to flash the usual SuperSU zip file.So there is a way to root the device.
To counter this, we have a special phh SuperSU file which will root your Honor 8 without any issues. Without any further delay, let’s have a look on How to Install TWRP and Root Honor 8 On Android Nougat.
- Make sure you own a Honor 8 with an unlocked bootloader. If your bootloader is locked, then do not proceed any further.
- Ensure you have backed up your personal files. While this will not cost you any loss of data, it is always a good practice to back everything up.Guide
- Without at least 60% charge, don’t proceed with the process.
- You also need ADB and Fastboot installed on your Windows PC, alongside all the drivers.
- Lastly, download the latest and official version of TWRP recovery
TWRP Recovery Image file: Download
PHH SuperSU File : Download
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP AND ROOT Honor 8 On Android Nougat
- Download the .img file from above for your device, and transfer it into your ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Rename it to a name you can remember, we will go for “recovery.img”.
- Boot your Honor 8 into the fastboot mode, and connect it to your PC.
- Launch the command window, and type in the following commands :
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Now your Honor 8 device will reboot, and you will have TWRP installed!
- For being able to root, refer to our comprehensive guide on How To Flash SuperSU using TWRP Recovery & Root Any Android device Make sure you use the phh file instead.
Good going! With just a few simple steps, you’ve learnt How to Install TWRP and Root Honor 8 On Nougat in under the matter of minutes! If you have any queries, then feel free to refer us in the comments section down below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.