Guide: How to Install TWRP and Root Galaxy J5 on Marshmallow Android 6.0.1 Official Update (J500H).Here we will be sharing step by step guide with download links to download the required files like Odin 3.11 and TWRP 188.8.131.52
Samsung has already updated its Galaxy J5 (J500F) to official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.We also have posted an article On How to Download & Flash / Install Official Marshmallow 6.0.1 On Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500F. If you haven’t updated your device to marshmallow then follow our guide to get official marshmallow on your Samsung Galaxy J5.The Other variants of J5 will be updating to latest marshmallow update soon.The Samsung Galaxy J5 (J500H) is also going get Marshmallow 6.0.1 update with software build PG2
Now there is a great news for Galaxy J5 users who have already updated their devices to Official Marshmallow.Very Special thanks to developer ganesh varma over xda, a new version of TWRP 184.108.40.206 recovery is already available for the Galaxy J5 running on Marshmallow 6.0.1 firmware.
You can download and flash the TWRP recovery using Odin flash tool and then root your J5 by flashing the latest SuperSu via TWRP recovery.It is a very simple process but don’t worry we will be sharing step by step guide to Root Galaxy J5 on Marshmallow 6.0.1 Update.
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for anything happened to your device.So do it at your own risk
DEVICE THAT IS SUPPORTED
- This is for Samsung Galaxy J5 (J500H) on Marshmallow 6.0.1 Update
- Download the right file according to your device model number
Follow the guide below to Safely Install TWRP & Root Galaxy J5 on Marshmallow 6.0.1 Update
- Make sure your device has more than 40% battery
- Device Must be running on Marshmallow official firmware
- First download Galaxy USB drivers on your computer,
- Then enable USB debugging on your Galaxy J5 smartphone, go to settings.Guide >> How to Enable Developer Options and USB Debugging
Download Galaxy J5 TWRP recovery
Odin Software Download Odin 3.11
How to Install TWRP and Root Galaxy J5 on Marshmallow Android 6.0.1
- Read the Pre-requirement section carefully then follow the given steps.
- Download the right TWRP file according to your device model number and remember the location where you saved it.
- Download Odin Flash tool from the download section and install it on your computer.
- Now follow this guide to Flash TWRP On Galaxy Galaxy J5 on Marshmallow Android 6.0.1 using Odin Flash tool How to Install TWRP Recovery On Samsung Devices Using Odin
- Now reboot your device and download the SuperSu file from the download section and transfer it to the internal memory of your Galaxy J5
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery
- Follow the guide to Flash SuperSu.zip file using TWRP recovery to How to Root Galaxy J5 on Marshmallow Android 6.0.1 How To Flash SuperSU using TWRP Recovery & Root Any Android device
- Done!!! Now reboot your device and enjoy playing rooted phone. 🙂