Samsung S8 Plus is the bigger brother of the Samsung Galaxy S8. These two devices are Samsung’s latest flagships are were launched earlier this year. The S8 Plus has a bigger screen and a battery when compared to the S8. This means tasks, like playing games and watching videos, would be better on the Galaxy S8 Plus than the S8.
The Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus was recently updated to the latest TouchWiz OS version which is based on Android Nougat. TouchWiz is Samsung’s exclusive smartphone OS and is built over Android to provide additional functionalities like themes and features to the users. However, a lot of users prefers Stock Android over Touchwiz OS mainly because it is more optimized and has no bloatware or unnecessary features. If you own a carrier exclusive Galaxy S8 Plus, then chances are your device might be filled with bloatware too.
If you dislike bloatware and wish that you could be able to install Stock Android on your Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus, then all you have to do is to follow the below guide. The step by step instructions will guide you to install a Custom Recovery on your Samsung S8 Plus T-Mobile SM-G955U currently running the latest version of Android Nougat and also to root the same.
By rooting your phone, you get the freedom to install any app from your device, including system apps. Also with a Custom Recovery like TWRP installed on your Galaxy S8 you can even flash Custom ROMs which are closer to providing the Stock Android experience.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
How to Install TWRP and Root T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shutdown between the process.
Install TWRP Recovery On T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus
- Download & install Odin Flash tool on your PC
- Download and install Samsung USB drivers on your PC.
- Download the TWRP File For your S8 Plus T-Mobile SM-G955U from the download section above
→ Now Follow this guide to Flash TWRP Recovery On your Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus T-Mobile SM-G955U > How to Install TWRP Recovery On Samsung Devices Using Odin
Steps to Root T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus via TWRP
- Download the SuperSU zip file from above and transfer the file to your device.
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery. (press and hold the Volume Down button + Home button + Power button at the same time.)
- Select “Wipe” from the TWRP main menu and do a “Swipe to Factory Reset” on the bottom of the screen.
- Once done, go back to TWRP main menu, tap on “Install” and select SuperSU (zip file) that you transferred to your device in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do “Swipe to Confirm Flash” on the bottom of the screen to begin the SuperSU installation process.
(This may take some time as it is a fresh flashing process).
- Once your zip file is successfully installed, go to “Wipe cache/Dalvik” option, select it and then do “Swipe to wipe” on the bottom of the screen.
- Once done, reboot your device from the TWRP main menu
Hope you found this article helpful. If you have queries let us know in the comment section below.