After the release of the iOS 16.0.3 update to the public, Apple has now started rolling out the iOS 16.1 Beta 5 Update to developers. The new beta update adds new features to the iPhone firmware and comes ahead of the iOS 16.1 release to the public which is expected to come later this month. The new update comes with the build number is 20B5072b as compared to the previous build number 20B5064c.
What changes are there in the new iOS 6.1 update?
iOS 16.1 adds battery percentage to iPhone XR, 11, 12, and 13 Mini. Apple’s battery percentage indication now includes a dynamic icon. The update adds Clean Energy Charging, Matter protocol support, and Live Activities API. iPadOS 16.1 will introduce Stage Manager to iPad Pro 2018 and 2020.
- Live activities – Live Activities will help you stay on top of things happening in real-time, right from the Lock Screen.
- Apple Wallet can be deleted – The iOS 16.1 update will let the users delete the Apple Wallet app for the first time. Deleting the Wallet app means that you won’t be able to use numerous different features including Apple Cash, Apple Pay, and Apple Card.
- Live Activities API – Follow any ongoing sports game, order, or track the progress of your ride with a glance.
- iCloud Shared Photo Library – Now you’ll have a new way for families to share images seamlessly with a separate iCloud library that up to 6 users can collaborate on, contribute to, and enjoy. The users will be able to choose to share existing images from their personal libraries or share them based on the start date or people present in the photos.
- Matter support – Matter will be the new smart home connectivity standard that enables compatible accessories to work together seamlessly.
- Clean Energy Charging – Clean Energy Charging will allow you to decrease the carbon footprint of your iPhone by optimizing charging times for when the grid has been using cleaner energy sources.
Apple intends to release iOS 16.1, iPadOS 16.1, and other software updates the week of October 24. The software updates should coincide with the release of the 10th-generation iPad, iPad Pro with M2 processor, and upgraded MacBook Pros.
How to gain access to the iOS 16.1 Beta 5 Update?
The developers and public beta testers will now be able to install the iOS 16.1 Beta 5 Update by heading over to the Software Update menu present with the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad enabled to get Beta Updates.