The latest Android 13-based MIUI 14 update for Xiaomi 12 is now available for Global users (MIUI 126.96.36.199 Global Stable ROM), bringing with it all the features and improvements of Google’s newest OS as well as all the features of MIUI 14. This update also includes the January 2023 security patch to increase system security.
If you’re enrolled in Mi Pilot, Xiaomi’s beta testing program, then you should have already received this new firmware file on your device. If not yet, don’t worry – it will most likely arrive in a few days’ time. However if you can’t wait any longer to get your hands on this new version of Android 13-based MIUI 14 update then there is an option to download and install manually by downloading its official ROM from their website or other sources online (just make sure that these sources are reliable).
Note: This software may contain some bugs or errors because afterall it’s still a beta software but users can help improve its stability by reporting issues they encounter through “Services & feedback” app which comes preinstalled on every Xiaomi phone running MIUI version 11 and above including this one too! The changelogs for the updates include: advanced search feature in settings menu; enhanced system security via January 2023 Security Patch; bug fixes etcetera.. All these changes are meant to enhance user experience while using their devices securely at same time!
Download MIUI 14 ROM for Xiaomi 12 (MIUI 188.8.131.52)
- MIUI 184.108.40.206 OTA – Download
- MIUI 220.127.116.11 Recovery ROM (MIUI 18.104.22.168.TLCMIXM) – Download
- MIUI 22.214.171.124 Fastboot ROM– Download
To download MIUI 126.96.36.199 for Xiaomi 12, you can manually check for updates by visiting Settings -> About Phone -> System updates -> Check for updates. You can either wait for the OTA or download MIUI 188.8.131.52 Global Stable ROM for Xiaomi 12 from the link below to update it manually. The links for the OTA, Recovery ROM, and Fastboot ROM are available on Xiaomi’s website.
How to Install MIUI 14 Global Stable ROM on Xiaomi 12
Once you’ve downloaded the ROM, you can install it by following the instructions provided. There are two ways to install the update, Recovery Mode or Fastboot Mode.
Recovery Mode is the easiest and most recommended way to install the update.
- Download MIUI 14 OTA zip file and save it on your device
- Launch the Updater app or navigate to Settings > About Phone > System Update
- Click on the three-dot menu (‘…’ icon) at the top-right corner, and select Choose Update Package
- If the Choose Update Package option is missing, tap on the MIUI logo 10 times to activate the option
- Browse through the files and select the package ending with the .zip extension
- Your device will reboot on the latest version
The Fastboot Method is a bit more complicated and requires a PC. You’ll need to download Mi Flash Tool, extract it, and install it on your PC.
- Download Mi Flash Tool, extract it and install it on your PC
- Boot your device into Fastboot mode by pressing the Volume Down + Power button
- Connect your device to the PC via a micro USB cable
- Extract the Fastboot ROM and copy its path on the PC
- Open MI Flash Tool and paste the address bar of the ROM file folder path
- Click on the Refresh button and then click on the Flash button to flash the ROM on your device
- Wait for the process to complete
- Your device will boot on the latest version
Note: It’s important to note that the update is a ‘beta stable’ release, which means that users who are not enrolled in the Mi Pilot beta testing program will not be able to install it with the above method. If you’re not a beta tester, you can install the update via TWRP recovery, which is a custom recovery tool that allows you to install custom ROMs, kernels, and other files.
If you’re looking to update your Xiaomi 12 to the Android 13 based MIUI 14 Global Stable ROM, you can follow these steps to do so manually. First, download the ROM from the official website. Then, use either the recovery or fastboot method to flash the ROM. If you have any questions, feel free to leave them in the comment section down below.