After releasing the update Oxygen OS 10.0.0 for both the OnePlus 6 and 6T, the company has stopped the broader roll-out due to the bugs. At that time, the so-called stable Android 10 update was not so stable for the OnePlus 6/6T users. Now, after a couple of days, the company has started rolling out the Oxygen OS 10.0.1 Hotfix update for both the device models respectively. Here you can Download OnePlus 6 and 6T Oxygen OS 10.0.1 Hotfix Update [Android 10] with the installation steps.
Previously, the Oxygen OS 10.0.0 update brought Android 10 update, new design, improved location permission, other system improvements & bug fixes, GameSpace, full-screen gesture, messaging app improvements, etc. Now, the newer hotfix update (OOS 10.0.1) brings the fix for fingerprint authentication issue, improves animation lag for fingerprint unlock, fixes automatic reboot issue after the upgrade, improved performance of camera app, and fixes the 5GHz Wi-Fi connection.
As the OTA comes in a size of 50MB due to the incremental update, the global OnePlus 6 and 6T users will receive the update in batches. Either you can use the ADB Sideload method or Local Upgrade method in order to install the update on your device. Meanwhile, if you haven’t received the OTA update yet, then you can check it manually from phone Settings > System Updates > Check for update. However, if you want to manually install the firmware update, check out the full installation guide below.
Let’s take a look at the changelog below.
OnePlus 6 and 6T Oxygen OS 10.0.1: Changelog
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI for Android Q
- Updated Android security patch to 2019.10
- Fixed the fingerprint identification issue
- Solved the animation lag for fingerprint unlock
- Fixed the automatic reboot issue after upgrade
- Improved the performance and fixed known issues
- Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Fixed the 5Ghz WiFi connection
Download OnePlus 6 and 6T Oxygen OS 10.0.1 [Android 10]
Steps to Install Oxygen OS 10.0.1 update on OnePlus 6/6T
We assume that you’ve already downloaded the firmware according to your model. Make sure to follow the pre-requirements at first.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Maintain a 50%-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
- This Update is only for OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro users.
- Make sure that you have the latest ADB and fastboot drivers installed on your Windows PC or Mac/Linux.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur on your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
ADB & Fastboot Method
This will require you to connect your device to a computer and do it. The USB Debugging should be enabled on your OnePlus 6 and 6T. Make sure to download and copy the firmware OTA update file depends on the device model. Now, follow the linked guide to Install the update with ADB Sideload.
Local Upgrade Method
This method allows you to install the downloaded update directly from your OnePlus 6 and 6T. The steps to do this are:
- Save the downloaded update file into the internal memory of your OnePlus 6 and 6T
- Open settings
- Tap on system updates
- Tap on the settings icon
- Select local upgrade
- Select the saved OTA update file
- When prompted select upgrade now option
We hope this guide is helpful to you and you’ve updated your OnePlus 6 and 6T devices to Oxygen OS 10.0.1 version easily. If you have any queries, please leave a comment below.