Finally, OnePlus 7 and the OnePlus 7 Pro have started receiving the latest Android Q Beta update. The update is based on OnePlus’s Oxygen OS. This is a developer Preview build of Android Q 10 for OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 pro, so there are many bugs present in this build. Many features are not working so only install the firmware if you have a spare device, don’t install the update on your primary device.
A few days ago, Google released the Android Q Beta 3 build for the Pixel devices and 21 other supported devices. From OnePlus, both OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T are eligible for the update. Now the update came to OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 pro. There is another great news for OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 pro users as the kernel source of OnePlus 7 pro has been released on manufacturer’s Github page and the OnePlus 7’s kernel source will be updated soon. This is really an awesome news as third-party ROM developers can use that to build custom ROMs and recoveries.
Android Q comes with loads of new features like System-wide dark mode, Assisted dialling, Multi-monitor support for desktop, Vulkan API for UI, Emoji 12.0 (Unicode 12.0), 5G networks, Live Caption, Suggested actions in notifications and many more. There are loads of new layer of security added in this build which is a welcome addition.
Download OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro Android Q Beta
You have to flash it manually via the local upgrade method.
- DownloadAndroid Q Beta for OnePlus 7 | AFH mirror (MD5: a722aac856678ea01cdf8c04fdaddbb6)
- Download Android Q Beta for OnePlus 7 Pro | AFH mirror(MD5: d68d2431cc41703433c2fc9f46f9fff8)
If you want to roll back to previous version, files are given below.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- This Update is only for OnePlus 7/7 pro Smartphones.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device.
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shutdown between the process.
How to Install OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro Android Q Beta based on Oxygen OS
- First, download Android Q Beta from the download section above and copy the file to internal storage.
- Boot your OnePlus 7/7Pro into Recovery Mode by holding the power and volume down buttons simultaneously.
- Choose “Install from internal storage/Install from local“.
- Now navigate your firmware .zip file and click on “Install” to confirm the installation
- Once the installation is completed, reboot your device. Done!!!
Your device should be booted into Android Q Beta. If you have any queries then you can ask us by dropping a comment.