Apart from Google, OnePlus is arguably the only other mainstream smartphone manufacturer to roll out superfast software updates. As soon as Google released the stable build of Android 10 on September 3rd, OnePlus hit back with the first beta of the Android 10-based OxygenOS.
And now, only two weeks after the first beta was released, OnePlus has started rolling out the second beta for the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro. It doesn’t introduce any new features, per se, but it certainly is an update you wouldn’t want to miss.
OnePlus 7/7 Pro gets OxygenOS Open Beta 2: Changelog
The second beta improves the system stability, general bug fixes, fixes crashing issues with fingerprint unlock. It also improves OnePlus Gesture navigation, dual app usage, etc. Take a quick look at the complete changelog.
- General bug fixes and stability improvements
- Fixed the crash issue with System UI caused by parallel Whatsapp app
- The dark screen issue on the lock screen while accessing Games fixed
- Fixed issues with Status Bar not displaying UI elements
- Fixed the crash issue with default OnePlus Gestures
- Re-designed Wi-Fi icon in Quick Settings
- Fixed the crash issue with the Fingerprint Unlock
- Optimized the animation effect when Notification bar is being scrolled upwards
The OTA update comes with 133MB in size only and rolling out as an incremental mode. Therefore, it may take some time to roll-out the update globally for the beta testers.[symple_box color=”blue” fade_in=”false” float=”center” text_align=”left” width=””]
- If you have already flashed an Open Beta 1 build for the Android 10 version then, you will receive this new build as an OTA.
- If you’re not running open beta software and want to install that, you have to do it first.
- Once you install the Beta ROM, you will continue to receive Open Beta OTAs only.
Check for OTA Manually
As we already discussed that OnePlus 7/7 Pro gets OxygenOS Open Beta 2. Now, if you’re using any of the OnePlus 7 or OnePlus 7 Pro device and running the Open Beta 1 based on Android 10 update, then you will soon receive the Open Beta 2 update as well. If in case, you don’t receive any update via OTA, check for it manually.
- Just go to the device Settings > System > System update > Check for update.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to update the device to the latest software.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram