OnePlus 8T has started receiving another new bug fix update in India. This time the device has picked up OxygenOS 188.8.131.52 OTA update. This is an incremental update which only addresses some issues/bugs reported in the previous OxygenOS 184.108.40.206 update
Notonly the Indian users but European and Nort American users of the device are also getting new hotfix updates. In India, the update comes with version number OxygenOS 220.127.116.11.KB05DA. European users are getting OxygenOS 18.104.22.168.KB05BA and North American users are getting OxygenOS 22.214.171.124.KB05AA firmware version
The update brings November 2020 security patch, improved call performance, and some general fixes and improvements. You can check for the update manually by heading to Settings -> System -> System update -> Check for update.
OnePlus 8T 126.96.36.199 – Changelog
- Optimized the experience of full-screen gestures
- Increased fingerprint unlock success rates for faster unlock speed
- Newly added keyboard height adjustment where you can raise or hide the bottom shortcut bar for a better input experience (Go to Settings-System-Language & input-Keyboard height adjustment)
- Updated Android security patch to 2020.11
- Optimized the image quality on nightscape
- Fixed a small probability issue that photos don’t display in the Gallery
- Fixed the issue that the WiFi connection failed in a specific situation
- Improved the stability of communication
- OnePlus Store (—IN only)
- An intuitive and convenient way to manage your OnePlus account, get easy-to-access support, discover exciting members-only benefits, and shop for OnePlus products. (Please note that it can be uninstalled)
Steps to Install Oxygen OS 188.8.131.52 Update
Now, if in case, the update notification hasn’t arrived yet on your handset, then you should manually update the latest firmware by following the steps below.
Local Upgrade Method:
- Download the latest ROM upgrade zip package.
- Copy the ROM upgrade package to the phone storage.
- Go to device Settings -> System -> System Updates -> Tap on top right icon -> Local upgrade -> Tap on the downloaded firmware package -> Upgrade -> System upgrade completed to 100%.
- After the upgrade is complete, Tap on Restart.
- Update successful.
Keep visiting the blog for more info.
It’s worth mentioning that OnePlus has already released the Android 11 update to its flagship devices and hopefully, these mid-rangers will also get the update in the coming months.