The latest offering from OnePlus, the OnePlus 8T has received another update. The update brings OxygenOS 220.127.116.11 (India/Global) and OxygenOS 18.104.22.168 (Europe) to the device
The OnePlus 8T is receiving the firmware as 22.214.171.124.KB05DA for the Indian variant, 126.96.36.199.KB05BA for the European variant and 188.8.131.52.KB05AA for the North American variant
The update brings November 2020 security patch, improved call performance, and some general fixes and improvements. You can check for the update manually by heading to Settings -> System -> System update -> Check for update.
OnePlus 8T OxygenOS OxygenOS 184.108.40.206/220.127.116.11 – Changelog
- Optimized the experience of full-screen gestures
- Increased fingerprint unlock success rates for faster unlock speed
- Newly added keyboard height adjustment where you can raise or hide the bottom shortcut bar for a better input experience (Go to Settings-System-Language & input-Keyboard height adjustment)
- Updated Android security patch to 2020.11
- Optimized the image quality on nightscape
- Fixed a small probability issue that photos don’t display in the Gallery
- Fixed the issue that the WiFi connection failed in a specific situation
- Improved the stability of communication
[OnePlus Store (—IN only)]
- An intuitive and convenient way to manage your OnePlus account, get easy-to-access support, discover exciting members-only benefits, and shop for OnePlus products. (Please note that it can be uninstalled)
- OxygenOS 18.104.22.168 (India/Global) for the OnePlus 8T
- OxygenOS 22.214.171.124 (Europe) for the OnePlus 8T
Steps to Install OxygenOS 126.96.36.199 /188.8.131.52 Update
Now, if in case, the update notification hasn’t arrived yet on your handset, then you should manually update the latest firmware by following the steps below.
Local Upgrade Method:
- Download the latest ROM upgrade zip package.
- Copy the ROM upgrade package to the phone storage.
- Go to device Settings -> System -> System Updates -> Tap on top right icon -> Local upgrade -> Tap on the downloaded firmware package -> Upgrade -> System upgrade completed to 100%.
- After the upgrade is complete, Tap on Restart.
- Update successful.
Keep visiting the blog for more info.
It’s worth mentioning that OnePlus has already released the Android 11 update to its flagship devices and hopefully, these mid-rangers will also get the update in the coming months.