Xiaomi has released a new software update for Redmi K30 5G that brings the August 2021 security patch and a coupled of fixes related to lock screen, status bar, and notifications. The new software update is rolling out in China, which is the only region where the K30 5G has been launched.
According to the changelog, the new OTA update fixes memory usage issues when the charging animation was displayed and the crashing issue when face unlocking and fingerprint unlocking was used simultaneously. The lock screen notifications disappearance issue after the call ends is also getting a fix.
The update brings new fingerprint options. It fixes – the incorrect notification display issue when the App lock was used, Cleaner animations displaying issue, Permission issue after missed calls, and fixes the “notifications weren’t always displayed correctly when ‘Raise to wake’ was used”. Xiaomi has optimized the third-party theme compatibility for notification shade.
The new software update for Redmi K30 5G is currently under the ‘stable beta’ phase. It means that the update will initially reach a limited number of users followed by a broader rollout in the coming days. To manually check for the new update, navigate to Settings >> About phone and then check for new updates.
- Redmi K30 5G
- Optimization: Updated Android Security Patch to August 2021. Increased system security.
- Lock screen
- New: New fingerprint options
- Fix: Memory usage issues when charging animation was displayed
- Fix: Using Face unlock and Fingerprint unlock simultaneously led to crashes in some cases
- Fix: Lock screen notifications disappeared after an ended call
- Status bar, Notification shade
- Optimization: Third party theme compatibility for Notification shade
- Fix: Notifications weren’t displayed correctly when App lock was used
- Fix: Cleaner animations weren’t displayed correctly
- Fix: Issues with permissions after missed calls
- Fix: Notifications weren’t always displayed correctly when “Raise to wake” was used