Last year, both the Realme X and Realme X2 were one of the budget segment popular smartphones by Realme. Both the devices came with Android 9.0 Pie pre-installed over ColorOS 6 UI. Last year, Realme has also announced its own customized UI ‘Realme UI’ for its devices that run on Android 10. Realme UI brings all the native Android 10 features along with dedicated functionalities as well. This year, both the Realme X and X2 models have received the Android 10 update officially. However, if you’re interested in rollback (downgrade) Realme X and Realme X2 to Android 9 Pie from Android 10 then you can do this by following the guide below.
It’s worth mentioning that Realme UI early beta testing was held initially for the Realme X2 and then the company has announced the early beta for Realme X as well. Realme UI brings plenty of improvements and additional features with visual changes than ColorOS 6 UI.
How to rollback Realme X and Realme X2 to Android 9 Pie from Android 10 (downgrade)
Furthermore, there isn’t any major bug or flaw that arrives for the Realme X/X2 Realme UI update. Still, if in case, you don’t like the new UI that much, the company has officially released the rollback firmware for both the devices along with the guide.
But make sure that the rollback firmware installation process will delete all the device data. So, take a full data backup at first and you will be shifted to Android 9 Pie again which means you won’t be able to use all the essential features of Android 10.
- After the rollback, ALL OF YOUR DATA WILL BE ERASED! Please make sure to backup before you proceed.
- Rollback operation may probabilistic have unforeseeable impacts on your phone.
- Rollback operation will modify some of the system functions, and prevent you from receiving the latest Realme UI push.
- If you want to experience the Realme UI version (Based on Android 10) after rollback, you have to manually download the full Realme UI version package from the official website to update.
Manual package Link: https://www.realme.com/in/support/software-update
- This package is released and available for Indian users only.
If you’re okay with the important notes then you can proceed. Ensure that you’re running on the software version C.04 on Realme X and C.11 for Realme X2.
- Realme X/X2 having 60% or higher battery level
- Realme UI rollback manual package
- Realme X (Indian Stable) – Rollback Firmware [Android 9 Pie]
- Realme X2 (Indian Stable) – Rollback Firmware [Android 9 Pie]
Steps to rollback Realme X and Realme X2 to Android 9 Pie
- First of all, download the rollback package to the phone storage.
- Copy the package to the phone storage first directory in the File Manager.
- Click on the rollback package > Select ‘Upgrade Now’ if you decide to rollback. (Please do not move your phone until the process finish)
- Finally, restart your handset and wait for the device to boot into the Android 9 Pie system again. It will take a couple of minutes. So, have some patience and enjoy!
Hope you’ve successfully have done (downgrade) rollback Realme X and Realme X2 to Android 9 Pie from Android 10. Keep visiting the blog for more info.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.