It’s becoming more and more common for the TV screens to turn green and it’s typically happening when the users are trying to stream content from Netflix or YouTube TV. Green screen issues aren’t a new thing when it comes to streaming content. Fortunately, a device restart or a couple of other methods are enough to fix this issue. In this guide, you’ll get to know different methods to fix the Netflix Green Screen of Death issue.
Method 1: Restart your device
Although it sounds pretty obvious, restarting your device should be the first thing you do as it can resolve the problem. This is the case because sometimes, issues like green screen are a result of a mere glitch in the system. In that case, you shouldn’t try to overdo something to avoid the problem. Restart your device and if it was indeed due to some glitch, it will be resolved.
Method 2: Update your Netflix app
If you’re facing the green screen of death issue each time you’re using Netflix, it might be an error with the app itself. Using an outdated version of the app might throw in this issue. Therefore, ensure that you’re using the latest version of Netflix or update it to the latest version and try streaming again.
Method 3: Switch out the HDMI cable
One of the most common reasons behind a green screen is the cables. If you’re encountering a green screen frequently, no matter which platform you’re using, an HDMI cable might be the root cause of it. Many users have stated that the problem has been resolved by simply replacing their HDMI cables with new ones.
Method 4: Inspect Hardware Acceleration
- Right-click on the video and then go to Settings
- Click on Hardware Acceleration
- Turn off the window and then reload the site again
- Turn on Hardware Acceleration in the browser or from the app under Settings -> Video Settings
Method 5: Update the display driver
- Head over to Device Manager
- Located Display Adapters and then click the arrow icon beside it
- Right-click on the graphics card and then select Update
- Click on Search Automatically for Drivers and then update it