Google has finally showcased its upcoming Android mobile OS which is Android 11 or Android R. The best thing is that the developer preview 1 of Android 11 is already available and users with Google Pixel smartphones can manually install Android 11 Developer Preview on Pixel Phones
Most of the Google Pixel devices are supported. As we all know last year’s Google version was simpled called Android 10 and this time too we expect to name the upcoming version just Android 11. The new Android 11 comes with loads of exciting features which you may like or hate.
Android 11 Features
- Native screen recording: The much-requested feature is finally here. Now Android will support native screen recording which will be very beneficial for gamers and streamers.
- Touch Sensitivity Improvements: Now the new operating system will have a better and improved touch sensitivity
- Better support for the curved display
- Motion Sense option added for Pixel 4
- For more details we recommend you to read androidauthority’s awesome article about Android 11 features
- Download and Install Android SDK Platform Tools | Windows / Mac/ Linux
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data.
- Supported Devices: Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL, Pixel 3a, Pixel 3a XL, Pixel 4, and Pixel 4 XL
Download Android 11 For Pixel Devices
- Download Android 11 Developer Preview for Pixel Phones (img file)
Steps To Install Android 11 Developer Preview on Pixel Phones
If you want to flash the full firmware files/factory image, follow the following steps
Method 1: Installing Full Firmware File (OTA img) using adb fastboot commands
- Download the Android 11 factory image for your device and extract the downloaded zip file it.
- Connect your device to the PC using USB.
- Go to Adb folder (Usually ABD folder will be in C:\adb). Note: Make sure that you have installed ADB Drivers.
- Save the extracted files in ADB folder
- Enter into the fastboot mode by press and hold ‘Volume Up + Volume Down + Power’ buttons or you can execute the following command.
adb reboot bootloader
- In the ADB folder and long press ‘shift’ key and right mouse click anywhere in the folder and click on ‘Open Command window here.’
- Execute the “flash-all.bat“, It will start flashing
- If flash-all.bat method doesn’t work, execute all commands manually
- First, flash the bootloader and the radio
fastboot flash bootloader <bootloader file name here>.img fastboot flash radio <radio file name here>.img fastboot reboot-bootloader
- Flash the recovery, boot, and system images by executing the following commands
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash system system.img
- Full wipe, cache and user data by executing the following commands
fastboot flash cache cache.img fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
- Now Reboot your device by executing the following commands
Method 2: Using ADB sideload
If you want to flash the OTA Update Only then follow this guide > How To Install OTA Firmware Updates Using ADB Sideload
Keep visiting our website to receive the notification immediately after we update our posts!
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.