Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 is the successor to the Max Pro M1 which was hugely popular. The Max Pro M2 also created loads of buzz which results in a great sale. There are many developers who are working around the device. The unofficial Lineage OS 16 is now made its way to Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2. However, this is an early unofficial Lineage OS 16 For Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 based on Android 9.0 Pie so there may be few bugs available. It is always recommended to check the bug list before flashing the ROM. Now you can download the ROM and flash Lineage OS 16 build directly via TWRP recovery If you are an Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 user then you should try out the unofficial Lineage OS 16 On Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2. We are thankful to Xda developer Shivam Kumar Jha for the ROM.
The Asus ZenFone Max Pro M2 was launched in December 2018. The device comes equipped with a 6.26-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 2280 pixels. The device runs Android 8.1 (Oreo) out of the box. The Asus ZenFone Max Pro M2 is powered by Qualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660 (14 nm) which is an octa-core processor clocked at 1.95GHz and it comes with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 200GB via a microSD card.
The Asus ZenFone Max Pro M2 sports a dual rear camera. The primary rear camera is 12-megapixel (f/1.8, 1.25-micron) and there is a 5-megapixel secondary rear camera. It also sports a 13-megapixel front camera. The Asus ZenFone Max Pro M2 houses a Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery
As I stated before, It is an unofficial ROM. The ROM is fully stable according to the developer and can be used as a daily driver. There will be a few bugs present as it is in its alpha stage. This is the first release of this unofficial Lineage OS 16 ROM For the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 so there are few bugs present and we are sure in future update everything will be fixed. Follow the guide carefully to Flash / Install Lineage OS 16 Pie ROM On Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2. Update Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 to Android 9 Pie Via Lineage OS 16
What’s working :
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
- Video Playback
- NFC [?]
- Touchscreen gestures
- SELinux status: Permissive
Check out the official Xda thread for more information.
Lineage OS 16 Features | Android 9.0 Pie Features
Table Of Contents
As Lineage OS 16 is based On Android 9.0 Pie’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
- Digital Wellbeing – We start off with the feature that will be impacting the smartphone usage the most. Ever since smartphones became mainstream, this will be the first time Google will actually be introducing tools to learn about smartphone habits and will also help moderate parts that require attention.
The users will get to see the amount of time they are spending on apps and will also get to set timers on such apps that happen to be addictive. App icons will turn grey when the user reaches the time limit.
- Adaptive battery – Just as the name suggests, this feature will learn the usage pattern of the user and it will help turn down battery consumption by restricting apps which are rarely used.
- Gesture-based navigation – This feature has become quite a necessity after the Android devices have taken to thin bezels and notched displays. The recent page can be accessed by swiping up from the bottom.
- Slices – This new feature will be providing app functions without actually having to enter them. In fact, whenever a user will search for a particular app, the search will prompt a few quick options related to that app which will make it really easier and quicker.
- Adaptive Brightness – This feature has got an upgrade where the device will remember the times you change the brightness of your device and adjust according to the time as well as brightness.
Above are some of the main features Android 9.0 Pie (Official Lineage OS 16.0) comes with. But there are much more. Overall Lineage OS is the best Custom ROM available for Android.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 16 On Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 .
How to Install Unofficial Lineage OS 16 On Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 | Android 9.0 Pie
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Official Lineage OS 16 Based on Android Pie. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram