Common Redmi Note 5/Note 5 Pro Problems and Fixes: Xiaomi recently launched it’s Redmi Note 5 and Redmi Note 5 Pro, two mid-range Android smartphones in India.These are the successor of very popular Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 which had a record sales.As expected Redmi Note 5 and the Note 5 Pro are selling like a hot cake.Both the devices were sold out in few minutes after the Flipkart’s exclusive sales started.There are many lucky users who got their device and man are even importing the Chinese version of the device from the Chinese online shops.
Like all other Android smartphones, each one of these Xiaomi phones has their flaws.It’s not a new thing on Android.There are some issues and problems which users are reporting and those need to be fixed.These issues are common on most of the new Xiaomi phones.If you are a Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 or Redmi Note 5 Pro user, then you need to read the post carefully.
Today, in this post, we are going to give you numerous methods using which you can easily solve this issue of slow charging issue on Redmi Note 5/Note 5 Pro.First of all users need to know what might be the reason for the problem.
Common Redmi Note 5/Note 5 Pro Problems and How To Fix Them
Various Redmi Note 5/Note 5 Pro users have reported a lot of Problem-related to the device. Please find below all of the common Problem and their fixes.
1) Heating Problem On Redmi Note 5/Note 5 Pro, How to fix it (Overheating Issue)
After the debacle with Galaxy Note 7, users are now more concern about the battery and overheating issues. And many consider this as a serious Issue/Problem with any smartphone. By following some steps you can very easily stop the device from heating up too much. the steps you can follow to do this are listed below.
- Do not use your device directly under the sun
- Do not use your phone while it is plugged in for charging
- Avoid overclocking of your device
- Check for apps which uses too much of battery life and consider removing them
2) Fix Battery Draining Problem On Redmi Note 5/Note 5 Pro
Follow our detailed guide below to fix the issue.
[mks_button size=”large” title=”Steps to fix battery drain issue on Redmi Note 5/Note 5 Pro” style=”rounded” url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/fix-battery-draining-issues-on-redmi-note-5-note-5-pro/” target=”_self” bg_color=”#38b75e” txt_color=”#FFFFFF” icon=”fa-chrome” icon_type=”fa” nofollow=”0″]
3) Touchscreen Problem: “ghost touch issue” or touch screen not responding issue On Redmi Note 5/Note 5 Pro and It’s Fix
Being the only way to access your device, touchscreens are very important on your device. An unresponsive touchscreen can be really annoying for any user. If you are facing such an Issue/Problem with your Redmi Note 5/Note 5 Pro touchscreen, here is what you can do:
- Reboot your device and check if the Issue/Problem still persists
- Remove any moisture on your screen by wiping it with a cloth, and try not to use your phone with wet hands
- Hard reset your device
The final step of a hard reset is only recommended if nothing else works for you in solving the Issue/Problem. But at first, make sure it is not a physical damage causing this Issue/Problem. If it is a physical damage you should get technical assistance. If it is not, the steps to perform a hard reset on your Redmi Note 5/Note 5 Pro are:
- Power off your Redmi Note 5/Note 5 Pro
- Press and hold the volume up button and power button at the same time to boot your device on to recovery mode
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Rest option
- Confirm reset
- Reboot device when the process is completed
4) SD card is not detected/ Unsupported SD card Problem On Redmi Note 5/Note 5 Pro and How to fix it
As the use of smartphones increased, the need for storage space also did. And this is why SD became an important thing for all smartphone users. An SD card not detected error can be something scary as there will be a lot of important data stored in it. The steps that can help you fix this Issue/Problem are:
- Remove and re-insert your SD card
- Make sure the Issue/Problem is not with the card slot by using the card on another device. If the Issue/Problem is with the card slot you will have to get technical assistance
- Connect your card to a PC, Back up the data, And format it
5) Screen brightness Problem On Redmi Note 5/Note 5 Pro and here is its fix
A minimum amount of screen brightness is important to read the contents of the screen without strain. Many users have reported Problem with the screen brightness on Redmi Note 5/Note 5 Pro and Xiaomi have reported that an update will be released soon to clear this. If the problem is really annoying and you need a fast fix, you can use apps like Lux Auto Brightness, which will help you fix the Issue/Problem.
6) Problem with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi Connectivity On Redmi Note 5/Note 5 Pro and its fix (Bluetooth/Wifi connectivity issue)
Many users are facing wifi related issues on Redmi phones so we have created a detailed article on that.You can read that by following the given link below
[mks_button size=”large” title=”How To Fix Bluetooth and Wi-Fi Connectivity Issues On Redmi Note 5/Note 5 Pro” style=”rounded” url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/fix-bluetooth-and-wi-fi-connectivity-issues-on-redmi-note-5-note-5-pro/” target=”_self” bg_color=”#38b75e” txt_color=”#FFFFFF” icon=”fa-chrome” icon_type=”fa” nofollow=”0″]
7) Performance Problem On Redmi Note 5/Note 5 Pro: Phone lags/Hangs Issue, How to make it faster (Performance Improvements)
Lags and crashes are the most annoying Problem faced by all smartphone users. Many users of Redmi Note 5/Note 5 Pro has reported such Problem. The steps you can take to solve the Problem with performance on your Redmi Note 5/Note 5 Pro are:
- Make sure you have enough memory space left on your device. If not use an SD card with more capacity or clear data on your device.
- Clear app caches regularly
- Check if any third-party app is causing the Issue/Problem and consider removing them. You can use safe mode to find this.
The steps to boot your device to safe-mode are:
- Press and hold the power button
- When reboot to safe mode flashes release the button
- now check if the problem still persists
Note: Decrease the System animations from Settings > Developer Option.If developer option is not there, enable it by following this guide > How To Enable Developer Options In Android[/mks_pullquote]
8) Fix Problem with the earpiece on Redmi Note 5/Note 5 Pro
The sound problem with your earpiece occurs when you don’t use a genuine earpiece. Make sure only original earpiece is used as most phones don’t come with earphones anymore, check for genuine earphones from that brand and use them
9) Steps to Fix SIM tray not ejecting on Redmi Note 5/Note 5 Pro
Many users have been facing problems with the SIM tray not ejecting. The only way to do this properly is by using the right tool provided with the box.
10) Phone Keeps Restarting and Freezing problem On Redmi Note 5/Note 5 Pro and how to fix the issue
Follow the given guide below to fix the issue.
[mks_button size=”large” title=”How to fix restarting and freezing problem on Redmi Note 5/Note 5 Pro” style=”rounded” url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/how-to-fix-restarting-and-freezing-problem-on-redmi-note-5-note-5-pro/” target=”_self” bg_color=”#38b75e” txt_color=”#FFFFFF” icon=”fa-chrome” icon_type=”fa” nofollow=”0″]
11) Fix Fingerprint scanner not working On Redmi Note 5/Note 5 Pro
Follow the simple steps mentioned below to fix the issue
- Your finger needs to be clean (Check whether there is dust or water on your finger)
- Always add one extra finger which will be very helpful in emergency situations
- Remove the existing fingerprint and re-add it
12) Windows (10/8/7) Not Recognizing Redmi Note 5/Note 5 Pro, Here is the Fix
This is one of the main problems android users face.PCs play a very important role in rooting Android.Your device needs to be connected to your PC to perform fastboot or adb related task.Below, we have shared some possible steps which you can take to fix the issue.
- First, enable the Developers Option on your device
- Now go to Developer option > USB debugging > Enable it
- Then Reboot your device
- Change the USB configuration to MTP
- Make sure that latest Xiaomi USB drivers are installed on your PC.
Hope you enjoy reading this article keep visiting us. If you have any queries please leave that in the comment section we will try to reach you as soon as possible.
Thank You For Visiting US!!!!!
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.