Download and install Android 8.0 Oreo On Asus ZenFone 4: Finally, the flagship device from Asus also gets the fully stable Android 8.o Oreo update. The Asus ZenFone 4 is going to the stable update of Android 8.0 Oreo. The update is coming with a build number WW_14.0405.1711.76 and is a fully stable one. The update file is currently available to download. Users of ZenFone 4 can download and manually flash the update onto their devices. In this article, we will explain how to do this.
The official OTA update from Asus has not started to roll out currently at the time this article is written. But this is expected to come out for all users soon. The ZE554KL variant of Asus ZenFone 4 will be getting this official OTA update. If you don’t want to wait until the official arrival of the OTA update, you can also choose to flash it manually.
The update will include all the major features available on the Android 8.0 Oreo. This includes the picture in picture mode, home screen shortcuts, floating navigation dock and many more.The update will also include a lot of bug fixes and increase in the performance aspect of the device. If you have chosen to flash the update manually please find the steps you should follow given below.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
- This Update is only for Asus ZenFone 4 users.
- Make sure that you have latest ADB and fastboot drivers installed on Windows and Mac/Linux.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur on your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
Steps To Install Android 8.0 Oreo On Asus ZenFone 4 (Official OTA )
You can follow two methods to do the flashing. Both the methods are given below.
ADB and fastboot method:
This will require you to connect your device to a computer and do it. USB debugging should be enabled on your Asus ZenFone 5. The steps to do the installation are:
- Download and install ADB and fastboot on your computer (Check Pre-Requirement section above)
- Move the downloaded update file into the ADB folder
- Boot your OnePlus 3/3T into recovery mode
- Select Install from ADB Sideload
- Connect your phone and computer
- Open the ADB folder and click shift+right click and open command here
- Enter the adb devices command to check your connection
- If the connection is ok, enter the adb sideload file_name.zip to flash the update
- Reboot the device when process is completed
Recovery mode method
- Save the downloaded OTA file onto your device external storage
- Boot your ZenFone into recovery mode by pressing and holding power button and volume down button
- Select apply update from sd card
- Select the downloaded OTA file
- Reboot the device when the process is completed
Hope you are clear with the installation guide. If you have any queries please leave a comment below.