Download/Install Lineage OS 15.1 For OnePlus 5 (Android 8.1 Oreo): LineageOS is the most successful and the extremely popular custom ROM that is available for Android after Stock Android that has been developed by Google. Now, it is also known that the developers behind CyanogenMod closed the development of the custom ROM that was working on almost half of the Android devices. However, we have known that Cyanogen Inc. decided to close the funding for the open source project and the developers had to close the project. Now, the CyanogenMod developers decided to continue the project with a new name which was called as LineageOS and the first builds of LineageOS were released in January 2017 with LineageOS 14.1
Now, we have known about the release of the latest version of Android which has been known as Android 8.0 Oreo. Also, Google released the new version of Android which is an incremental update on top of Android 8.1 Oreo. Therefore, the developers behind LineageOS have started to work on the latest version of Android and this version of LineageOS will be called as LineageOS 15.1. Now, the builds of LineageOS 15.1 have started to be released but it is interesting to know that there is still no official release of LineageOS 15.1 yet.
Thus, the unofficial builds of LineageOS 15.1 have now started to get released and the first builds of LineageOS 15.1 are now available for the OnePlus 5. Now, the latest device from OnePlus was released earlier this year which was known as the OnePlus 5 and the smartphone was launched with Android 7.1 Nougat. However, we have also known that the Official Android Oreo update for the OnePlus 5 was released last month which came with OxygenOS 5.0. However, the official update is based on Android 8.0 Oreo and the Lineage OS 15.1 For OnePlus 5 is based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Now, you need to flash LineageOS 15.1 build directly via TWRP recovery and the file has been attached below for you to download
Official Build Now Available > Download and Install Official Lineage OS 15.1 On OnePlus 5 | Android 8.1 Oreo[/mks_pullquote]
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- How to remove “App is Running in the Background” notification on Android 8.0 Oreo
- Android 8.0 Oreo Battery Drain Issue: Here’s How To Fix
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Download Lineage OS 15.1 For OnePlus 5 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
Note: device must be rooted and have custom recovery like twrp installed.Guide > How To Root OnePlus 5 and Install TWRP Recovery or How to Root OnePlus 5 running on Android 8.0 Oreo (OxygenOs 5.0+)
Steps To Install Lineage OS 15.1 On OnePlus 5 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.1.
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.
Note: Images used in this posts are not owned by us and are the properties of respective persons
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.