Android 8.0 Oreo on Huawei P10: The Huawei company released Huawei P10 in 2017, March. The Huawei P10 is the continuation of Huawei P9 which is left off last year, and this device is worth upgradable in every aspect. Huawei P10 comes with Android 7.0 Nogat out of the box. It is packed with the 5.1-inch display with 1080×1920 resolution at 432 PPI, 12+20 MP Primary Dual camera, and 8 MP front-facing camera powered by Octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 960 with 4 GB of RAM and 3200 mAh battery.
Huawei rolled out Android 8.0 Oreo based on EMUI 8.0 via OTA (Over-The-Air). The EMUI 8.0 is packed with all Android 8.0 Oreo Features along with home screen shortcuts, fluidity, Faster AI-based optimizations deliver greater stability, floating Navigation dock, enhanced protection, and performance stability improvements, bug fixes. Follow the below step by step guide to Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Huawei P10.
This update is rolling out via OTA (Over The Air) which weighs around 93MB in size.Those who didn’t wait for OTA they can also try manually pulling the firmware by going to Settings > General > About phone. (If using List view, scroll down to PHONE MANAGEMENT,’ then tap on About phone.) >Update Center > System update > Check for update.
- This Update is only for Huawei P10.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your device are installed on the PC.
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shutdown between the process.
- Device – Huawei P10
- Model – VTR-L29/VTR-L09
- Android Version – 8.0
- EMUI Version – 8.0
- Firmware – B311
- Build Number – VTR-L29 220.127.116.111 (C900)
- Region – Europe
- Status – Official
- Type – Full firmware image
- Changes – Changelog
Huawei P10 Huawei P10 VTR-L29 18.104.22.1681 (C900log)(Europe)
Huawei P10 VTR-L09 22.214.171.1241 (C900log)
Steps to Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Huawei P10
- First, make sure that you have unlocked the bootloader on Huawei P10 (Skip this step if already unlocked)
- Download the three files from the download section and Rename as following..
- update_data_full_public.zip – update_data_public.zip
- update_full_VTR-29_hw_eu.zip – update_all_hw.zip.
- Extract the HWOTA_VTR.zip on your PC or your device SD Card.
- Copy the three files in HWOTA folder or in the PC in C:\..\HWOTA\update folder.
- Run update.bat as an administrator, Press any to continue.
- Connect your device to PC and Reboot into Bootloader by pressing “Volume Down + Power” buttons or execute the “adb reboot bootloader”. (This step will TWRP Recovery on your device)
- Now Boot your device into TWRP Recovery Mode.
- Now, again connect your device to PC and press the Enter key.
- If your files are saved on your device (HWOTA Folder), type 1 and press ENTER and if files are saved in the PC (HWOTA Folder), type 2 and press ENTER.
- It will ask you the update type, again type 1 and press the Enter button twice.
- Done! Above step will start the installation of files on your device.