We have a great news for all OnePlus 5 users. OnePlus has started rolling out the OxygenOS Open Beta 22 firmware update to OnePlus 5. The ROM is based on Google’s latest Android 9.0 Pie. This is an Official firmware provided by OnePlus. If you own a OnePlus 5, now you can Update OnePlus 5 to Official Android 9.0 Pie via OxygenOS Open Beta 22.
Along with OxygenOs Open Beta 22 for OnePlus 5, OnePlus has released OxygenOS Open Beta 20 For OnePlus 5T. The latest OxygenOS Open Beta 22 comes with all the new Android 9.0 Pie features as well as the very recent Google’s November 2018 security patch. It’s a full firmware so the size is very large. It is around 1.6 GB. We recommend using a stable Wi-Fi while downloading the firmware. As we mentioned before, it is an Open Beta Release. So if you are on a stable build, then you won’t be getting the OTA update, you have to manually install it.
Users, who are running the previous Open Beta builds will get the OxygenOS Open Beta 22. If you are one of them, You can manually check for the update, Go To Settings > System Updates > Check for update. It will take a few weeks to reach all corners of the world. If you want to install the firmware manually, then follow the guide given below to Install Android 9.0 Pie on OnePlus 5 with ADB Sideload (OxygenOS Open Beta 22)
OnePlus 5 OxygenOS Open Beta 22 Changelogs
- Updated system to Android™ 9.0 Pie™
- Brand new UI for Android Pie
- Brand new navigation gestures (this is only for 5T)
- Updated Android security patch to 2018.11
- Optimizations for background app process handling
- Do Not Disturb mode
- New Do Not Disturb mode with adjustable settings
- UI Improvements for emergency rescue
- Optimized UI for speed dial and calling interface
- Now able to assign a specific SIM for a specific contact or group of contacts when using dual SIM
- Parallel Apps
- Added support for more apps (Telegram, Discord, IMO, Uber, OLA) in parallel apps
- Now able to switch dynamically to your current location
- Display more suggestions when the search function is used
- Fixed an issue that prevented the app from refreshing when the location is changed
- Fixed an issue that resulted in some users being unable to find certain locations
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- This Update is only for OnePlus 5 Smartphones.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device.
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shutdown between the process.
Download Android 9.0 Pie OTA for OnePlus 5
How to Install Android 9.0 Pie on OnePlus 5 (OxygenOS Open Beta 22)
- First, download Open Beta 20 from the download section above and copy the file to internal storage.
- Boot your OnePlus 5 into Recovery Mode by holding the power and volume down buttons simultaneously.
- Choose “Install from internal storage/Install from local“.
- Now navigate your firmware .zip file and click on “Install” to confirm the installation
- First, Enable “USB Debugging” on your OnePlus 5.
- Now download and install adb drivers on your PC
- Install the OnePlus USB drivers On PC
- Download Open Beta 20 for OnePlus 5.
- Then, switch off your phone and reboot into recovery mode (To do that First Switch off your phone, Now press and hold volume down button + power button.)
- In recovery menu, choose “Install from adb,” tap on OK to confirm. You will see “You are in sideload mode” screen will be displayed.
- Now execute the following codes
- Now, Install Open Beta 20 on OnePlus 5 executing the following command.
adb sideload <finename>
- Wait until the installation process completes
If you have any queries then you can ask us by dropping a comment.