After releasing the latest stable ColorOS 5.2 for Realme 2 Pro, now both the Realme C1 and Realme 2 have just started getting the same stable ColorOS 5.2 update. This is a major update weighs more than 2 GB. The update brings many new features like dismiss notifications with a single swipe, swipe up to reboot the phone from the shutdown interface, launch Google Assistant by long press. Along with these it also brings system optimization to the device. So if you own a Realme C1 or Realme 2, update it to ColorIS 5.2 or manually Download and Install Latest Stable ColorOS 5.2 For Realme C1 and Realme 2
The new ColorOS 5.2 comes with Google’s December 2018 Security Patch update. It weighs in around 2.3 GB. The update will bump the build number to build number RMX1805EX_11.A.21. The update is rolling out as an OTA update. If you want to check the update status in your device, you can check from your device’s settings > software update.
If the update is not showing up on your device, then just wait for the update to come or you can manually flash the Stable ColorOS 5.2 on Realme C1/Realme 2. We are sharing the full step by step guide down below so that users can easily Download and Install the Latest Stable ColorOS 5.2 On Realme C1 and Realme 2 using the stock recovery which comes with the device.
ColorOS 5.2 For Realme C1 and Realme 2 Changelogs:
Single swipe notification dismiss.
Now you can swipe from left to right to dismiss the notification.
Headset icon in status bar.
A headset icon in status bar will be shown when you plug-in the headset.
Smart Bar for faster multitasking.
You can add apps you use often into “Smart Bar” for faster app launching and multitasking.
Added reboot function.
You can swipe up to reboot in the shutdown interface.
Optimized reminders when Developer Options, Accessibility Mode and Device Manager on.
Flashing bar, on-going notification and text at the upper right corner for “Developer Options”, “Accessibility” and “Device & Privacy” have been deleted.
Improved frequency for touch screen.
- Google Assistant
Long press power button for 0.5s to launch Google Assistant.
Android Security Patch Level: December 5, 2018
Note: – As the update is more than 2 GB make sure your device has enough space and connect to a stable wifi before downloading and installing the update. To be in safer side, just take a full backup of your device.
Download Realme C1 and Realme 2 ColorOS 5.2
Steps To Install ColorOS 5.2 Update on Realme C1 and Realme 2 via Stock Recovery
- First Download ColorOS 5.2 firmware from the download section above.
- Transfer the downloaded file to the root directory of your phone.
- Boot your Realme device into Recovery mode (Turn off your phone and Press and hold the Volume Down and the Power buttons simultaneously)
- Once you are in recovery mode, select language
- Now select, From phone storage
- Then navigate to the ColorOS OTA firmware file which you have downloaded and transferred to the root directory of your device and tap OK to install the OTA.
- Now sit back and wait for the installation to complete
- Once the process finishes, tap Reboot.
- Done!!! Your device should boot into ColorOS 5.2
Note: First-time reboot will take few minutes (2-8 mins), so don’t panic.