Download and Install Lineage OS 15.1 For Galaxy S4 Active | Android 8.1 Oreo: There are many members of the Galaxy S4 family. The Galaxy S4 Active is the special device in Galaxy S4 series, it is a water-resistant Android phone with the quad-core processor and large full HD screen. It’s been more than 4 years Galaxy S4 Active has released, still it is one of the developer-friendly mobiles. Galaxy S4 Active comes with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean out of the box which can be upgraded to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop which is the last official update for Galaxy S4 Active but many developers made the custom ROMs based on latest Android OS keeping the Galaxy S4 Active more Active.
The XDA Senior Member tsvetkov_vlad developed the unofficial Lineage OS 15.1 builds for Samsung Galaxy S4 Active. As this is the initial stage of development the official builds are not yet released. This unofficial build may not work as a daily driver as you expect. As official builds are under development, you can wait until official release. But if you can to test this Lineage OS 15.1 ROM on Galaxy S4 Active and taste the latest Android 8.1 Oreo features. Follow the below step by step guide to install Lineage OS 15.1 on Galaxy S4 Active.
Follow the below guide to install official Lineage OS 15.1 on Galaxy S4 Active. The Lineage OS 15.1 is based on Android 8.1 Oreo, comes with all features loaded like Picture in Picture mode, split-screen mode and better battery optimization. To flash lineageOS in your device, you need TWRP custom recovery installed on your device. It may contain bugs, may not suitable for daily use. In this process you may lose the data, so we recommend to take the complete backup before proceeding further. Follow the below guide to update your Lineage OS 15.1 on Galaxy S4 Active.
- [Download Links Added] Lineage OS 15.1.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.1)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.1 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.1 Oreo
Lineage OS 15.1 Features | Android 8.1 Oreo Features
As Lineage OS 15.1 is based On Android 8.1 Oreo’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
Android 8.1 Oreo now comes with Autofill feature which was available in the Chrome browser until now. The feature, Auto Fill mode which means that the OS will save your Email Address as well as Password. This will save your precious time.
#2 Adaptive Icons
Now Android also added Adaptive Icons which means that the smartphone will now have an option to modify the default icons for various applications in many shapes such as squircle, square, rounded and others. This is done to ensure that the icons on different apps are in line with the other apps for uniformity purpose. This will make your phone looks cool and minimalistic
You may Like: How to get Android 8.1 Oreo Adaptive Icons feature on Android 5.0 and above
#3 Updated Emoji
In Android 8.1 Oreo, Google has once again updated the default emojis present in the Android OS to a blob-less emoji version rather than blob version which was seen on Android 7.0.There many new emojis are added to enhance your messaging experience
#4 Notification Dots
This feature is same as the one present on Android 7.0 Nougat where users can long press on home screen to see the options but this feature is now extended to show notifications of that particular app by long pressing the icon.
#5 Picture -In- Picture Mode
The picture in Picture mode which is also known as PiP mode is also added to Android 8.1 Oreo. This will be shown in floating window rather than the split-screen.
#6 Google Play Protect and 2X Boot Time
This “Google Play Protect” is added in the Google Play Store and it will be a background service that will check for apps and its usage and data storage permissions and notify users if it is safe to install and use the app.
Thanks to the great optimization in Android 8.1 Oreo, the boot will now take 10 seconds to do so which is a significant improvement. (Previously 15-20 Sec.)
Above are some of the main features Android 8.1 Oreo (Lineage OS 15.1.0) comes with. But there are much more. Overall LineageOS is the best Custom ROM available for Android.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data.Now proceed To Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Galaxy S4 Active.
- Lineage OS 15.1 for Galaxy S4 Active
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15.1 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.1 (If you want root access).
- RIL(2G,3G,4G,SMS,Incoming/Outgoing calls)
- Audio Playback
- IR Blaster
- Video Playback
Not Working :
- NFC(Temporary removed)
- Audio Recording(You can try another app)
- Some FC’s
How to install Lineage OS 15.1 on Galaxy S4 Active | Android 8.1 Oreo
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Lineage OS 15.1 Based on Android Oreo 8.1. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.