Download and Install Lineage OS 15.1 For Galaxy Alpha | Android 8.1 Oreo: The Samsung Galaxy Alpha is packed with octa-core or quad-core processor with heart rate and fingerprint sensors. Galaxy Alpha is the first device in Galaxy series with 4.7-inch body with a luxurious metal frame. Galaxy Alpha comes with Android 4.4.4 (KitKat) later Samsung released official Android 5.0.2 Lollipop update. Considering the Galaxy Alpha is relatively old it will not receive the latest update Android 8.1 Oreo. Many of the users already enjoying the sweetness of latest Android 8.1 Oreo via Lineage OS 15.1 (Custom ROM). If you want to try the latest features on your device, thanks to custom ROM developers who made it possible to taste all new latest versions of Android. Now you can Install Lineage OS 15.1 on Galaxy Alpha. Follow the guide below to Update Galaxy Alpha To Android 8.1 Oreo Via Lineage OS 15.1.
The XDA Senior Member kyasu developed the unofficial Lineage OS 15.1 builds for Samsung Galaxy Alpha. As this is the initial stage of development the official builds are not yet released. This unofficial build may not work as a daily driver as you expect. As official builds are under development, you can wait until official release. But if you can to test this Lineage OS 15.1 ROM on Galaxy Alpha and taste the latest Android 8.1 Oreo features. Follow the below step by step guide to install Lineage OS 15.1 on Galaxy Alpha.
Galaxy Alpha has 4.7 inch display with 312ppi, Exynos 5430 Octa processor, 2GB RAM and 12 MP camera. Galaxy Alpha is packed with 32GB internal storage with expandable up to 128GB via a microSD card slot and 1860mAh battery. With the release of new Android 8.1 Oreo, the parallel thing that happens is the development of the Custom ROM which essentially acts as a wrapper to the underlying Android version. After the huge hit of Lineage OS 14.1, Lineage OS team started building new Custom OS Lineage OS 15.1. Lineage OS 15.1 is packed with all new features of Android 8.1 Oreo.Update Galaxy Alpha To Android 8.1 Oreo Via Lineage OS 15.1
As this is the initial stage of development the official builds are not yet released. This build may not work as a daily driver as you expect. As official builds are under development, you can wait until official release. But if you can to test this Lineage OS 15.1 ROM on Galaxy Alpha and taste the latest Android 8.1 Oreo features. Follow the below step by step guide to Install Lineage OS 15.1 on Galaxy Alpha.
Lineage OS 15.1 Features | Android 8.1 Oreo Features:
As Lineage OS 15.1 is based on Android 8.1 Oreo’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
Android 8.1 Oreo now comes with Autofill feature which was available in the Chrome browser for Wuntils until now. The feature is Auto Fill mode which means that the OS will save your Email Address as well as Password.This will save your precious time
#2 Adaptive Icons
Now Android also added Adaptive Icons which means that the smartphone will now have an option to modify the default icons for various applications in many shapes such as squircle, square, rounded and others. This is done to ensure that the icons on different apps are in line with the other apps for uniformity purpose.This will make your phone looks cool and minimalistic
#3 Updated Emoji
In Android 8.1 Oreo, Google has once again updated the default emojis present in the Android OS to a blob-less emoji version rather than blob version which was seen on Android 7.0. There many new emojis are added to enhance your messaging experience
#4 Notification Dots
This feature is same as the one present on Android 7.0 Nougat where users can long press on home screen to see the options but this feature is now extended to show notifications of that particular app by long pressing the icon.
#5 Picture -In- Picture Mode
The picture in Picture mode which is also known as PiP mode is also added to Android 8.1 Oreo.This will be shown in floating window rather than the split-screen.
#6 Google Play Protect and 2X Boot Time:
This “Google PLay Protect” is added in the Google Play Store and it will be a background service that will check for apps and its usage and data storage permissions and notify users if it is safe to install and use the app.
Thanks to the great optimization in Android 8.1 Oreo, the boot will now take 10 seconds to do so which is a significant improvement. (Previously 15-20 Sec.)
Above are some of the main features Android 8.1 Oreo (Lineage OS 15.1.0) comes with.But there are much more.Overall Lineage OS is the best Custom ROM available for Android.
The Lineage OS is the new form of CyanogenMod which was the most used and Popular Android Custom ROM.Lineage OS 15.1 is based on Android 8.1 Oreo Source Code and Comes with all the Android 8.1 Oreo features like Picture in Picture mode, split-screen mode, and better battery optimization.
- [Download Links Added] Lineage OS 15.1.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.1)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.1 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.1 Oreo
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Lineage OS 15.1 for Galaxy Alpha
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15.1 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.1 (If you want root access)
How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Galaxy Alpha | Android 8.1 Oreo
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Lineage OS 15.1 Based on Android 8.1 Oreo. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.