Download and Install Lineage OS 16 On Nexus 6 | Android 9.0 Pie (Shamu): The 5 years old Nexus 6 has received the latest build of Lineage OS which is Lineage OS 16. However, this is an early unofficial Lineage OS 16 For Nexus 6 based on Android 9.0 Pie. Previously the device has received Lineage Os 15.1 ROM Too. Now you can download the ROM and flash Lineage OS 16 build directly via TWRP recovery If you are a Nexus 6 user then you should try out the unofficial Lineage OS 16 On Nexus 6. We are thankful to Recognized Xda Contributor for the ROM.
As I stated before, It is an unofficial ROM. There will be a few bugs present as it is in its alpha stage. This is the first release of this unofficial Lineage OS 16 ROM For the Nexus 6 so there are few bugs present and we are sure in future update everything will be fixed. Before flashing make sure to check the official Xda thread for issues. Follow the guide carefully to Flash / Install Lineage OS 16 Pie ROM On Nexus 6. Update Nexus 6 to Android 9 Pie Via Lineage OS 16
The Google Nexus 6 comes equipped with a 5.96-inch AMOLED capacitive display with a resolution of 2560x1440p. The device is powered by a Qualcomm APQ8084 Snapdragon 805 Quad-Core 2.7GHz Krait 450 processor coupled with Adreno 420 GPU. It has 3 GB RAM and 32/64 GB ROM storage capacity. It houses a non-removable 3220mAh Li-Po battery. It runs on Android 5.0 Lollipop out of the box.
It offers a 13.0 MP rear camera and a 2.0 MP front camera for the selfie lovers. It has all the connectivity options like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v4.1, GPS, NFC, and more.
Lineage OS 16 Features | Android 9.0 Pie Features
As Lineage OS 16 is based On Android 9.0 Pie’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 16 On Nexus 6 .
How to Install Unofficial Lineage OS 16 On Nexus 6 | Android 9.0 Pie
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Official Lineage OS 16 Based on Android Pie. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.