In recent times, Poco has been one of the most sought-after and cost-effective prospects, so it isn’t shocking that the Poco X4 Pro 5 became a huge hit in the arena. Not only for the general users, but it also has a plethora of intriguing features for tech enthusiasts too. If the stock MIUI isn’t in sync with your requirements and you wish to break free from the shackles of the bloated software ecosystem, then this guide is perfect for you. Here, you will get to learn about LineageOS 20, one of the most impressive and popular custom ROMs. In this guide, you will get to know how to download and install LineageOS 20 on Poco X4 Pro 5G.
Download and install LineageOS 20 on Poco X4 Pro 5G – Android 13
Step 1: Install Android SDK
To start off, install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC or computer. It’s the official ADB and Fastboot binary provided by Google. You should download it and extract it to a convenient location on your PC. Doing this will give you the necessary platform-tools folder.
Step 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
Then, you will need to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your smartphone. The former makes your smartphone recognizable by the PC in ADB mode. Meanwhile, it’ll allow you to easily boot your smartphone to Fastboot Mode.
OEM Unlocking will be needed to carry out the bootloader unlocking process. You’ll need to go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build Number 7 times -> Return to Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer Options -> Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
Step 3: Unlock Bootloader on your smartphone
You’ll also need to unlock the bootloader on your Poco X4 Pro 5G if you’re looking to root your phone. Remember that doing this will wipe off the data and might even make your device’s warranty null and void.
Step 4: Download LineageOS 20 Custom ROM
- Next, you need to grab the latest LineageOS ROM and Gapps for your device by heading over to the links mentioned below –
- Once you’ve downloaded these files, you need to transfer them to the platform-tools folder on your PC
- Rename the LineageOS 20 ROM to “rom.zip” while renaming the Gapps package to “gapps.zip”
Step 5: Boot your device to Fastboot mode
- Connect your smartphone to the PC using USB cable while ensuring that USB debugging is enabled
- After that, go to the platform-tools folder and type in CMD in the address bar before hitting Enter to launch the Command Prompt
- Then, type in the following command in the CMD window for booting your smartphone to Fastboot Mode
adb reboot bootloader
- For verifying the Fastboot connection, you should type the following command and you’ll get back the device ID –
- fastboot devices
Step 6: Install TWRP Recovery
While you can flash the custom ROM via its own recovery, that process could be unnecessarily lengthy and complicated. Instead, you can opt for a shorter approach and flash the custom ROM via TWRP.
Step 7: Instead LineageOS 20 via TWRP
- Execute the following command in the CMD window for booting your device to TWRP –
adb reboot recovery
- Now, you need to Wipe -> Format Data -> type in YES so that your device undergoes a format
- Once it is done, head over to Install, choose the LineageOS ZIP, and then perform a right swipe for flashing it
- Head over to Reboot and choose Recovery so that your device gets rebooted to TWRP Recovery
- Now, go to Install and then choose the Gapps ZIP file before performing a right swipe for flashing it
- Once it is done, you can now reboot to the newly installed OS through Reboot -> System