Install Android 7.0 Nougat on Samsung Galaxy J7 2016 (Official Nougat Firmware -OTA Update): Samsung is now finally rolling out the official Android Nougat 7.0 update to its budget device from last year, the Samsung Galaxy J7 2016. The OTA update is currently being sent out to the SM-J710FN users in India and it is expected to roll out to the users in other regions soon. The update also comes with the latest August security patch.
This Official Android Nougat 7.0 update might reach your device anytime soon. You can check for the update from settings –> about device –> Software update. If you have not yet received the notification for the OTA update, don’t worry it might take a while before it reaches every device out there. If you don’t want to wait any longer, you can manually Update your Galaxy J7 2016 right now to Android 7.0 Nougat by following our simple guide below.
The update comes with a lot of Nougat specific features like Multi window mode, enhanced doze functionality, app switching, and several behind the screen improvements. You can also see an overall increase in the performance and stability of your device due to the API implements in Android Nougat. Both the app installing and loading times have been drastically reduced in this update.
- Download Galaxy USB drivers and install on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging on your Samsung Galaxy J7 2016
- Backup your apps & data
- Charge your device to minimum 50-60% so that we can avoid interruptions in the procedure.
STEPS TO INSTALL OFFICIAL ANDROID 7.0 NOUGAT ON SAMSUNG GALAXY J7 2016
- Download Android Nougat 7.0 update for Galaxy J7 2016 from the links above.
- Download and install latest ODIN tool from above download section.
- Now Follow our in-depth guides on how to download and install official Samsung firmware files via Odin!
Good going! If you have followed all of our guides properly, then you will have no issues upgrading! If you still have any queries, feel free to refer us in.