Download and Install Galaxy S9 Plus May 2018 Security Patch OTA Update | Build number G965FXXU1BRE5: Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus was launched earlier this year with Galaxy S9. Both the devices are getting regular updates from the manufacturer since its release. Previously it has received April 2018 patch update and this time it is getting the latest May 2018 security patch update with patch date of May 1st, 2018. The update is currently rolling in a few regions.
If you are Galaxy S9 Plus user, you may have received the May Security Security Patch OTA update notification on your device. We highly recommend you to install the update to be on the safer side. Android system should be updated to the latest build to stay safe from the malware attacks. The Update is being rolled in few regions and will take some time to be available across the globe.
This update comes with the latest security patch update which was released by Google in May 2018 which comes with May 1 security patch update. This update comes with other bug fixes and stability improvements and you should get some improvements in the speed of the phone also. Thus, you should download and install the update to your Galaxy S9 Plus which will come as an OTA update to your phone.
Manually Update Galaxy S9 Plus To G965FXXU1BRE5 May 2018 Security Patch
You can manually check for the update from Settings > Software update >Download updates manually. If there is no update showing on your device, then wait for few days for the update to come to your device as it is being released phase-wise manner.
- First Navigate to Apps > Settings
- Tap on search and look for Software updates and click on that
- Now enable Download updates automatically so that software will be downloaded automatically in future. Now to manual download click on Download updates manually.
- If a system update is available, download and install the update by following the on-screen prompts.
- Galaxy S9 Plus G965FXXU1BRE5 May 2018 Security Patch
- Android version: 8.0
- Security patch level (SPL): May 1, 2018
- Baseband version: G965FXXU1BRE5
- Region: Unknown
- Network: Unlocked
Download Galaxy S9 Plus G965FXXU1BRE5 May 2018 Security Update
How To Install Galaxy S9 Plus G965FXXU1BRE5 May 2018 Security Patch OTA Update
- First, download the firmware file from the download section above
- Now Enter the recovery mode on your device. To do that switch off your phone and hold volume Up Bixby (bootloader mode > then select recovery), then follow the linked guide below to Install Security Patch Update On Galaxy S9 Plus
- If you want to sideload the OTA then follow the guide below
- If you want to Install the Full Firmware File then follow the guide given below (Odin Method)
If the installation is successful, you will see the message Pass in the Log Tab.
Note: Before installing the updates, make sure your device is connected to a good wifi and your device has more than 50 percent battery life remaining