Hello friends!! Today, in this post, we will be sharing with you about the B397/B398 Nougat Update for the VNS-L31 variants of Huawei P9 Lite. This update will be for all the European Single and Dual-SIM VNS-L31 variants of Huawei P9 Lite. This firmware B397/B398 is being rolled out for the Huawei P9 Lite European variants and it will be based on Android 7.0 Nougat OS. It will be dubbed as EMUI 5.0 and will also improve the system security as it will come with Google security patches.
The Huawei P9 Lite is the successor of P8 Lite, and also the third variant of Huawei’s P9 series. It comes with a 5.20-inch display screen with full HD resolution of 1920x1080P. It is powered by a 1.7GHz Octa-Core Kirin 650 Processor along with 3 GB RAM. This update comes with the build number VNS-L31C432B397/VNS-L31C432B398 and will have most of the features of Android 7.0 Nougat OS along with few added features.
This update will work on only the European variants and the middle-east or even the Asian users should not try this update. If you happen to be a Huawei P9 Lite user who wants to update to the Nougat OS, then all that you need to do is, complete the downloads, and then follow this guide mentioned below.
Huawei P9 Lite B397/B398 Firmware
- Device – Huawei P9 Lite
- Model – VNS-L31
- Android Version – 7.0
- EMUI Version – 5.0
- Firmware – B397/B398
- Build Number – VNS-L31C432B397/VNS-L31C432B398
- Region – Europe
- Status – Official
- Type – Full firmware image
- Changes – Changelogs
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur to your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
- A complete backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong. Guide How to Backup Important Data On Android (Non rooted users)
- Make sure your device is charged at least up to 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- Follow all the steps correctly or you may brick your device.
- This firmware update is only for Huawei P9 Lite
1) Download B398 Update for Huawei P9 Lite Dual SIM (VNS-L31C432B398) –
2) Download B397 Update for Huawei P9 Lite Single SIM (VNS-L31C432B397) –
How to install B397/B398 Nougat update on Huawei P9 Lite
- Your Huawei P9 Lite bootloader must be unlocked
- Custom Recovery like TWRP or CWM must be installed on your Huawei P9 Lite
- Now boot your device into Custom recovery
- Now in the custom recovery, you will see couples of options.
- You have to flash the update.zip file which you have downloaded from the download section.
- Now flash the other two zip files.
Note: you can flash these files just like custom ROMs, for help follow the linked guide
- Reboot your device now.
If you have any queries regarding this then feel free to ask in the comment section.
Note: Image used in this post is not owned by use and is the property of respective owner
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.