This article will guide you to Download & Install Android 7.0 Nougat On Google Nexus 4 (LG).This is a very simple and easy method.Just follow the given steps to Manually Update Google Nexus 4 to Android 7.0 Nougat via AOSP ROM.
As I mentioned before, Google has officially released Android 7.0 Nougat stable version for nexus users.All the latest nexus devices and Android one devices have received the update.We have already posted Download Android Nougat 7.0 for Nexus 5X, Nexus 6, Nexus 6P and Nexus 9 (OTA Files).But as we all know, Nexus 4 and 5 are not in that list.
We have already posted a guide to Manually Update Nexus 5 to Android 7.0 Nougat (AOSP ROM)[icon name=”external-link” class=”” unprefixed_class=””].So if you have a Nexus 5 and want to try out latest android then you should check out that.Now there is another great news for LG made Google Nexus 4 users.There is an unofficial AOSP Android 7.0 Nougat ROM available for Nexus 4.
Very Special thanks to XDA Recognized Contributor zaclimon for sharing the initial build of Android 7.0 Nougat AOSP ROM for Nexus 4.The ROM is full of bugs.It is in it;’s beta stage.But if you want to try out latest Android on your Google Nexus 4, then you should check out that.Remember, this AOSP ROM can’t be used as a daily driver.
Nexus devices are very popular among the devs, so there are many custom ROMs available to update the old nexus to latest Android.Now there is a great news for all Nexus 4 users.There is an AOSP ROM available for Google Nexus 4 which will update the device to latest Android 7.0 Nougat.But before following this guide, make sure you have a proper nandroid backup of your current ROM/Firmware and system data.So that you can restore your previous backup.
- Make sure there is at least 60% battery left on your smartphone before begin.
- Make Sure TWRP is installed on your device.Guide How to Root Google Nexus 5X & Install TWRP Recovery (Similar Guide)
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure you have a custom recovery (TWRP/CWM) Install On your device.We recommend TWRP Recovery.
- Now from TWRP Recovery →Take a proper Nandroid backup so that you can restore anytime you need. Guide > How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
Download Android 7.0 Nougat ROM for Nexus 4 / Development Page
HOW TO FLASH / INSTALL ANDROID 7.0 NOUGAT ON GOOGLE NEXUS 4
- Download the Android 7.0 Nougat AOSP ROM for Google Nexus 4 from the download section
- Now connect your device to the PC and transfer the ROM to the internal memory of your device
- Now boot your device into recovery mode.Guide How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- Now follow this guide to Flash Android 7.0 Nougat On Google Nexus 4 How To Install A Custom ROM Via Recovery On Any Android
- After Flashing theROM, now Flash the Gapps.Guide How To Flash Gapps Using TWRP Recovery (If you want)
- Done!!!Now reboot your device from TWRP recovery (TWRP Recovery main menu >> Reboot System)
- Your Google Nexus 4 should be updated to Android 7.0 Nougat.
If you have any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section 🙂