Here you will learn How to Download & Install Android 7.0 Nougat On Google Nexus 5 (LG).This is a very simple and easy method.Just follow the given steps to Manually Update Nexus 5 to Android 7.0 Nougat via AOSP ROM.
Google has officially released Android 7.0 Nougat stable version for nexus users.All the latest nexus devices and Android one devices have received the update.We have already posted Download Android Nougat 7.0 for Nexus 5X, Nexus 6, Nexus 6P and Nexus 9 (OTA Files)[icon name=”external-link” class=”” unprefixed_class=””].But Google Nexus 5 is not in the list.Nexus 5 is now 3 years old device and Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 was its final official update.
Nexus devices are very popular among the devs, so there are many custom ROMs available to update the old nexus to latest Android.Now there is a great news for all Nexus 5 users.There is an AOSP ROM available for Nexus 5 which will update the device to latest Android 7.0 Nougat.
Very Special thanks to Santhosh M over Xda for sharing the Android 7.0 Nougat ROM for Nexus 5.But remember, the ROM is in its beta stage, so there are many bugs present.The ROM can’t be used as daily driver.
But if you have a Nexus 5 and want to try out the latest Android 7.0 Nougat, then you should try flashing this AOSP ROM.But before flashing, make sure you have a proper nandroid backup.So that you can restore your previous backup.
- Make sure there is at least 60% battery left on your smartphone before begin.
- Make Sure TWRP is installed on your device.Guide [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] How to Root Google Nexus 5X & Install TWRP Recovery (Similar Guide)
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure you have a custom recovery (TWRP/CWM) Install On your device.We recommend TWRP Recovery.
- Now from TWRP Recovery →Take a proper Nandroid backup so that you can restore anytime you need. Guide > How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
HOW TO FLASH / Install Android 7.0 Nougat On Google Nexus 5
- Download the Android 7.0 Nougat AOSP ROM from the download section
- Connect your device to the PC and transfer the ROM to the internal memory of your device
- Now boot your device into recovery mode.Guide [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- Now follow this guide to Flash Android 7.0 Nougat On Google Nexus 5 How To Install A Custom ROM Via Recovery On Any Android
- After Flashing theROM, now Flash the Gapps.Guide How To Flash Gapps Using TWRP Recovery (If you want)
- Done!!!Now reboot your device from TWRP recovery (TWRP Recovery main menu >> Reboot System)
- Your Nexus 5 should be updated to Android 7.0 Nougat.
If you have any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section 🙂
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.