Now Unofficial CyanogenMod 14 a.k.a CM14 is available for the 2nd Generation Motorola Moto X (XT1092).This guide will help you Download & Flash/ Install CM14 Nougat ROM On Moto X 2nd Gen codenamed victara Android 7.0.It is a very easy, safe and simple process.Just follow the given steps to update your Moto X 2014 to latest Android 7.0 Nougat via Unofficial CyanogenMod 14 Custom ROM.
Moto X got it’s final official update which is Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.The device is not going to get the latest Nougat 7.0 update officially so users have to fully depend on the third party Nougat ROMs.they have to flash third party ROMs to get the latest android on their devices.But there is really a great news I have for all Moto X (2nd Gen) users.Moto X (2nd Gen) now have an unofficial CM14 ROM.
As I mentioned before, It is an unofficial ROM.It is shared On Xda by SeannyM , a senior Xda Dev.The ROM is it is in its development stage and has loads of bugs.This is the first release of this unofficial CM14 ROM For the Moto X 2nd gen and we are sure in future update everything will be fixed.Follow the guide carefully to Flash / Install CM14 Nougat ROM On Moto X 2nd Gen Android 7.0
This ROM is a homemade unofficial ROM and not developed by team CM but based latest Android 7.0 Nougat.It is a very clean ROM close to stock ROM with some extra useful features like previous CyanogeMod ROMs.If you really want to experience the latest Android 7.0 Nougat On your Moto X 2nd Generation then flash this ROM.Remember, this ROM can’t be used as a daily driver.We will be sharing Full step by step guide to Flash / Install CM14 Nougat ROM On Moto X 2nd Gen Android 7.0 (Unofficial )
Supported Devices: This guide is only for Moto X (2nd Gen). So don’t try on other Devices
*Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin.
→Take a proper Nandroid backup so that you can restore anytime you need.Guide > How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Moto X (2nd Gen) while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked.
- Make sure you have a custom recovery (TWRP/CWM) Install On your device.We recommend TWRP Recovery.
- Now from TWRP Recovery Take a full backup of your current ROM and files.
→ Safely Flash CM14 Nougat ROM On Moto X 2nd Gen Android 7.0
CyanogenMod 14 (Unofficial) For Moto X (2nd Gen)→ Download Link / Original Development Page
HOW TO FLASH / INSTALL CM14 NOUGAT ROM ON Moto X 2nd Gen ANDROID 7.0 (UNOFFICIAL )
Step By Step Guide
*First read Pre-Requirement section carefully, then follow the given steps to Flash Unofficial CM14 Nougat ROM On Moto X (2nd Gen) Android 7.0.
- Download both Un-Official CM14 For Moto X (2nd Gen) and Gapps Zip file from the download section above
- Now Connect your Moto X (2nd Gen) device to your Pc via provided USB cable
- Then Copy both downloaded files to the internal memory of your Moto X (2nd Gen) and remember the location of the files
- Now reboot your device to Recovery mode.Guide > How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- Now follow this guide to Flash The CM14 Nougat ROM On Moto X (2nd Gen) Android 7.0. –>>How to Install CM14 (CyanogenMod 14) Via Custom Recovery
- Then Install Gapps.Guide > How To Download & Install CyanogenMod 14 Gapps
- Then return to the TWRP main menu and reboot system
→ If you want to enable root access on CyanogenMod 14 then follow this guide–>>How to Enable Root Access on CM14
If you have any questions related to this post feel free to ask in the comment section. 🙂