After Sprint LG G3, now users can Update Verizon LG G3 VS985 to Android 7.0 Nougat crDroid ROM.If you own a Verizon LG G3 then you can download and install crDroid Android Nougat 7.0 ROM On Verizon LG G3 VS985 by following this simple and easy guide.
No variants of LG G3 is going to get the Android 7.0 Nougat update officially as it is 2 yrs old device now.That means LG G3 users no matter which carrier they are on have to install custom ROMs to get the latest android on LG G3.But the great news is that there is a Nougat ROM available for Verizon LG G3 called crDroid Nougat ROM.
The crDroid Nougat ROM is available for Verizon LG G3 VS985 variant.Now sVerizon LG G3 VS985 users can Update Verizon LG G3 VS985 to Android 7.0 Nougat crDroid ROM.If you have another device then you can check our CM14 category to find out CM14 Nougat Rom for your device
Very Special thanks to firebird11, Recognized Contributor over Xda for sharing the crDroid Android 7.0 Nougat ROM For Verizon LG G3 VS985.The ROM is it is in its initial stage so contains loads of bugs.This is the initial release of this crDroid ROM for the Verizon LG G3 VS985 and we are hoping in future update everything will be fixed.Follow the guide carefully to Update Verizon LG G3 VS985 to Android 7.0 Nougat crDroid ROM
This ROM is not developed by the Team CM as it is a homemade ROM.It is based latest Android 7.0 Nougat.It is a very clean ROM close to vanilla android with some extra useful features like previous CM ROMs.Remember, this ROM can’t be used as a daily driver.We will be sharing Full step by step guide to Update Verizon LG G3 VS985 to Android 7.0 Nougat crDroid ROM
Supported Devices: This guide is only for Verizon LG G3 VS985. So don’t try on other Devices
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Verizon LG G3 VS985 while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked.
- Make sure you have a custom recovery (TWRP/CWM) Install On your device.We recommend TWRP Recovery.
- Now from TWRP Recovery Take a full backup of your current ROM and files.Guide > How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
→ Safely Update Verizon LG G3 VS985 to Android 7.0 Nougat crDroid ROM
crDroid Nougat ROM For Verizon LG G3 VS985
HOW TO UPDATE Verizon LG G3 VS985 TO ANDROID 7.0 NOUGAT CRDROID ROM
Step By Step Guide
- Download both the ROM file and Gapps Zip file from the download section above
- Next, Connect your Verizon LG G3 VS985 to Your Pc via provided USB cable
- Then Copy both downloaded files to the internal memory of your Verizon LG G3
- Now reboot your device to Recovery mode.Guide How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- Now follow this guide to Flash The crDroid Nougat ROM On Verizon LG G3 VS985 Android 7.0. How to Install CM14 (CyanogenMod 14) Via Custom Recovery (crDroid is CyanogenMod Based ROM)
- Then Install Gapps.Guide How To Download & Install CyanogenMod 14 Gapps
- Then return to the TWRP main menu and reboot system
→ If you want to enable root access on CyanogenMod 14 then follow this guide How to Enable Root Access on CM14
If you have any questions related to this post feel free to ask in the comment section. 🙂
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.