Learn How to Download and Install Official CM 14.1 on Moto G 1st generation (CyanogenMod 14.1 / Android 7.1 Nougat):The Motorola Moto G was the first ever device that kicked it off with the whole concept of stock Android budget devices. Released all the way in 2013, the specifications it held with respect to its budget price were really good. A 4.5″ 720p display, 1 Gigabyte of RAM, the Snapdragon 400, a 2070 mAh battery, all on top of Stock Android KitKat, it was a pleasure to use it.
However, as we know it, the Moto G’s last update was Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, which is pitiful, since it only got one huge update (KitKat > Lollipop). This is the problem with older Motorola devices. Due to the Google and Lenovo acquisition, many old devices have been left to die, and the Moto G is one of them, even though it has some serious potential.
Very recently, Cyanogen announced the debut of their newest build of ROMs – CyanogenMod 14.1. CM 14.1 is built off of Android Nougat 7.1, which is even more, newer than most of the official firmware out there. Good for you, many devices have received the CM 14.1 official update, and the Moto G is one of them!
Supported Devices: This guide is only for the Nexus 6P. Flashing it on any other device of other model will brick it.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur to your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
- This guide is for the Moto G only.
- A complete nandroid backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong.
- Make sure your device is charged at least upto 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- Before you begin with the tutorial, make sure that ‘USB Debugging‘ is enabled from Settings > Developer Options.
CyanogenMod 14.1 For Moto G → Download Link
└download the latest built according to date
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL OFFICIAL CM 14.1 ON Moto G (1st Gen)
- Download the CM 14.1 ROM file as well as the GApps file, and transfer it onto your Moto G using your data cable.
- Reboot your Moto G into the recovery mode. Guide How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- Now, follow this in depth guide to learn Install Official CM 14.1 on Moto G How to Install CM14 (CyanogenMod 14) Via Custom Recovery
- Once done, follow this definite guide to flash GApps [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Download & Install Gapps For CM14 / CM14.1 ROMs.
- Return back to the TWRP menu, and reboot your device.
Good going! You’ve now learnt How to Download and Install Official CM 14.1 on Moto G. If you have any queries, feel free to hit us down in the comments section below. Also, we would love to hear what’s your favorite feature in the newest build on CyanogenMod 14.1 built off of Android 7.1 Nougat!