Learn How to Download and Install Official CM 14.1 on Samsung Galaxy S5 (CyanogenMod 14.1 / Android 7.1 Nougat) :With the many years that the Samsung Galaxy S5 has been seen as a lacking, unprofessional, and overall a bad release from Samsung, it is no denying that it is one of the most developer-supported device over at Xda forums. While the Samsung Galaxy S5 can only be officially updated to Android 6.0, Marshmallow, people still using the flagship from 2014 wish that they could really use it for another year or two before upgrading to an even more solid smartphone.
However, not all OEMs are just perfect as we want them to be. The bad thing about Samsung is that in spite of all the gimmicky set of features it always releases that get attention, it never really has had the best software to power everything up. Yes, it does have a solid camera, a solid build, and great internals for a three-year-old device, but the laggy-old TouchWiz is just unbearable for some people.
Very recently, Cyanogen announced the debut of their newest build of ROMs – CyanogenMod 14.1. CM 14.1 is built off of Android Nougat 7.1, which is, even more, newer than most of the official firmware out there. Good for you, many devices have received the CM 14.1 official update, and the Samsung Galaxy S5 is one of them!
Since this is an official nightly build, you will be getting OTAs every single day, however, we cannot promise that this ROM is a 100% stable. Cyanogen has itself mentioned that many new features are yet to come, but for the most part, they have eliminated almost all the bugs, so this ROM should be pretty stable for a daily driver. In this in-depth guide, we will be learning How to Download and Install Official CM 14.1 on Samsung Galaxy S5.
Supported Devices: This guide is only for the Samsung Galaxy S5. Flashing it on any other device of other model will brick it.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur to your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
- This guide is for the Samsung Galaxy S5 only.
- A complete nandroid backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong.
- Make sure your device is charged at least upto 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- Before you begin with the tutorial, make sure that ‘USB Debugging‘ is enabled from Settings > Developer Options.
CyanogenMod 14.1 For Samsung Galaxy S5→ Download Link
└download the latest built according to date
Gapps For CM14 / CM14.1 ROMs → Download Link
How to Flash Official CM 14.1 on Samsung Galaxy S5
- Download the CM 14.1 ROM file as well as the GApps file, and transfer it on to your Samsung Galaxy S5 using your data cable.
- Reboot your Samsung Galaxy S5 into the recovery mode. Guide How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- Now, follow this in depth guide to learn How to Download and Install Official CM 14.1 onSamsung Galaxy S5 How to Install CM14 (CyanogenMod 14) Via Custom Recovery
- Once done, follow this definite guide to flash GApps Download & Install Gapps For CM14 / CM14.1 ROMs.
- Return back to the TWRP menu, and reboot your device.
Good going! You’ve now learnt How to Download and Install Official CM 14.1 on Samsung Galaxy S5. If you have any queries, feel free to hit us down in the comments section below. Also, we would love to hear what’s your favorite feature in the newest build on CyanogenMod 14.1 built off of Android 7.1 Nougat!