Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro Android 8.1 OREO ROM [MIUI 9 8.5.11] (Global Stable Recovery ROM) has started been rolling out means users can now enjoy the latest Android 8.1 Oreo on their Redmi 5 Pro. The ROM file is now available online for download. If you own the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro and want the latest version, then you are at the right place. You can download Redmi Note 5 Pro Android 8.1 OREO ROM here.
This newly released ROM ROM is based on Android 8.1 Oreo hence all the Oreo features are available. Along with those it comes with features like FullScreen Mode, New Icons, Dual Volte support. The ROM is a Global stable ROM which means it can be used as a daily driver. The ROM comes with some bug fixes which were available in the previous build. It also brings system stability and performance improvements. This is MIUI 9 8.5.11 Global Stable Recovery ROM so you need a TWRP custom Recovery on Redmi Note 5 Pro to install the Android 8.1 OREO ROM [MIUI 9 8.5.11] zip file
As I mentioned it before it is a recovery ROM so you need to have a working Custom Recovery like TWRP installed on your device. If you haven’t unlocked the bootloader of your device and TWRP is not installed, you can follow this Xda post to unlock the booloader on Redmi Note 5 Pro. This firmware was leaked online, so it is not yet available as an OTA. You have to manually Install Redmi Note 5 Pro Android 8.1 OREO ROM [MIUI 9 8.5.11]
- Take a full backup of your device data as everything will be wiped out.
- The battery charge should at least be 60% to prevent accidental shutdown.
- Your Xiaomi Mi A1 must have the bootloader unlocked.
- Your computer must have ADB and Fastboot installed.
This method is for Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro only. If you perform any of the following steps wrong, your device may get bricked. We will not be responsible for any damage that occurs to your device. So, proceed at your own risk. rootmygalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage that might happen to your phone during this process.
Steps To Install Redmi Note 5 Pro Android 8.1 OREO ROM [MIUI 9 8.5.11]
Using TWRP (Only TWRP Flashable ROM -Rooted)
- Download the TWRP flashable firmware and save it to your device
- Now Boot your device into Recovery mode.
- Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) (so that you can flash the backup if anything goes wrong)
- Now, Go to Install section on your TWRP
- Now locate the flashable firmware and swipe to start flashing
- Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
- Done! You have successfully flashed the firmware.
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding the post, feel free to leave that in the comment section down below 🙂