Pantech launched its Phablet, the Pantech Vega Secret Note (Sky A890) back in 2013 with a lot of interesting features. The device was one of the first Phablets to come with a fingerprint scanner and it also came with Advanced LTE support and a stylus. The device was launched as a competition to the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with almost similar specs including a Snapdragon 800, 3GB of RAM and 6.9 inch Full HD display.
The Pantech Vega Secret Note (Sky A890) was launched with Android 4.4.2 JellyBean back then with a massive 3200mAh battery and for a price of $839. The last official update sent to the Phablet was Android 5.0 Lollipop. But it has now unofficially received an initial build of Lineage OS 14.1 which is based on Android Nougat 7.1.1. However, the custom ROM is still in the development stage, so it might not work properly and might come with a lot of bugs.
But if you want to make an attempt at installing a newer version of Android Nougat 7.1.1 on your Pantech Vega Secret Note, (Sky A890) then you can try installing this unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 custom ROM on your device by carefully following our step by step instructions mentioned below. Make sure to take a complete backup of your device before you proceed to restore to the stable version if the ROM is not working properly.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide so please proceed at your own risk. However, we would be happy to help about any problems within our reach.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
Steps To Install Lineage OS 14.1 On Pantech Vega Secret Note (Sky A890)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Lineage OS 14.1. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.