Download/Install OxygenOS 5.0.3 update for OnePlus 5T (Latest Official OTA: Android Oreo): OnePlus is a smartphone manufacturer which had grown into a good reputation within few years of their introduction in the market. We have seen a couple of impressive devices from OnePlus in the previous year. The device which got most of the spotlight is no doubt on the flagship killer OnePlus 5T. The OnePlus 5 has also good some good recognition and reviews from around the globe.
OnePlus has also been constantly pushing updates for many of their devices. All of their devices already got the official Oreo update. The OnePlus 5 T had already got the Android Oreo-based OxygenOs update. Now again a new Oreo update is arriving for OnePlus 5T as OxygenOs 5.0.3.
The update already started arriving as an Over the Air or OTA update. Some users have got it and the others will be getting it soon. You also have an option to manually download and flash the update on to your device. Read through to find out the installation guide and resources for the same.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
- This Update is only for OnePlus 5T users.
- Make sure that you have latest ADB and fastboot drivers installed on Windows and Mac/Linux.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur on your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
Steps to install OxygenOs 5.0.3 on OnePlus 5T
There are two possible methods to manually install the OxygenOS update file on One Plus 5T. Both are listed below.
ADB and fastboot method:
- Download and install ADB and fastboot on your computer (Check Pre-Requirement section above)
- Move the downloaded update file into the ADB folder
- Boot your OnePlus 5T into recovery mode
- Select Install from ADB Sideload
- Connect your phone and computer
- Open the ADB folder and click shift+right click and open command here
- Enter the adb devices command to check your connection
- If the connection is ok, enter the adb sideload file_name.zip to flash the update
- Reboot the device when process is completed
- Save the downloaded update file into the internal memory of your OnePlus 5T
- Open settings
- Tap on system updates
- Tap on the settings icon
- Select local upgrade
- Select the saved OTA update file
- When prompted select upgrade now option
Hope you are clear with the installation guide. If you have any queries please leave a comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page