Huawei Mate 9 B198 Nougat Update for European Model is now available for download.The Update is based on Android 7.0 Nougat and comes with Huawei’s EMUI 5.0.Previously we have shared Huawei Mate 9 B196 Nougat Update [Europe].Now another OTA Firmware update is available for the device which is great and shows how hard Huawei’s software development team is working.
The Update is rolling out as an OTA (Over-the-air) in the Europe region.It is only for the European Variant Of Huawei Mate 9 which is MHA-L29/MHA-L09.The Update comes with the build number MHA-L29C432B198/MHA-L09C432B198 respectively.As you already know, this is an official update.If you want to check whats new in this update, please check the Changelog here
This update rolls out in phase wise manner through OTA. You can manually check whether the update is available in your region or not. To check Go to Settings > About Phone Section > Software Update.If the Update is not yet available on your device then you have to wait for few more days for the update to come or you can follow this detailed guide to Download and Install the firmware to Update European Huawei Mate 9 To B198 Android 8.0 Nougat Manually
This is an official update, meaning you won’t need to worry about any void warranty stickers.You can install the update even if your device is root.Incase your device is rooted, you have to use TWRP recovery to flash the update files.If you would like to learn how to Download and Install Huawei Mate 9 B198 Nougat Update, then look no further.
About Huawei Mate 9 B198 Nougat Update:
- Device – Huawei Mate 9
- Model – MHA-L29/MHA-L09
- Android Version – 7.0
- EMUI Version – 5.0
- Firmware – B198
- Build Number – MHA-L29C432B198/MHA-L09C432B198
- Region – Europe
- Status – Official
- Type – Full firmware image
- A complete backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong.Guide How to Backup Important Data On Android (Non rooted users)
- Make sure your device is charged at least up to 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- Follow all the steps correctly or you may brick your device.
- This firmware update is only for Huawei P9 B198
Download Huawei Mate 9 B198 Nougat Update File
1) Download B198 Update for Huawei Mate 9 MHA-L09 (MHA-L09C432B198)
2) Download B198 Update for Huawei Mate 9 MHA-L29 (MHA-L29C432B198)
Steps To Install Huawei Mate 9 B198 Nougat Update (MHA-L29C432B198/MHA-L09C432B198)
- Your Huawei Mate 9 bootloader must be unlocked
- Custom Recovery like TWRP or CWM must be installed on your Huawei Mate 9.
- Now boot your device into Custom recovery
- Now in the custom recovery, you will see couples of options.
- You have to flash the update.zip file which you have downloaded from the download section.
- Now flash the rest two files which you have downloed from the download section
[symple_box color=”gray” fade_in=”false” float=”center” text_align=”left” width=””]Note: you can flash these files just like custom ROMs, for help follow the linked guide [/symple_box]
For Non rooted users > How To Install Stock Firmware/ROM On Huawei/Honor Devices
- Reboot your device now.
If you have any queries regarding this then feel free to ask in the comment section.
Note: Image used in this post is the property of respective owner.