Samsung has already started rolling out January 2021 security patch update to many of its devices. Some Flagships and mid-range devices have already received the update.
Now Samsung Galaxy S10, Galaxy Note 20, Galaxy S20 FE and Galaxy Note 10 Lite has joined the list. Most of the security vulnerabilities have been addressed. It also brings some bug fixes which were available in the previous build. Thus, you should download and install the update to your Samsung Galaxy which will come as an OTA update to your phone.
You can manually check for the update from Settings > Software update >Download updates manually. If there is no update showing on your device, then wait for few days for the update to come to your device as it is being released phase-wise manner or you can manually flash the full firmware using Odin Flash Tool.
- December 2020 Google Security patch
- Bug Fixes
- Security and Performance improvements
How To Download January 2021 security update :
You can download any Galaxy firmware using Samfirm Tool, Guide: Download Latest Galaxy Firmware using SamFirm Tool
Using Frija Samsung Firmware Download Tool
Check sammobile website to get the latest firmware for your device
Steps to Install security update on a Galaxy phone
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide so please proceed at your own risk. However, we would be happy to help with any problems within our reach
Installation Guide (Manual Flashing using Odin)
- First, download the firmware file from the download section above
- Now Enter the recovery mode on your device, then follow the linked guide below to Install Security Patch Update On your Galaxy device
- If you want to sideload the OTA then follow the guide below
- If you want to Install the Full Firmware File then follow the guide given below (Odin Method)
If the installation is successful, you will see the message Pass in the Log Tab.
Note:Before installing the updates, make sure your device is connected to a good wifi and your device has more than 50 percent battery life remaining