Now you can Install Lineage OS 16 On Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo | Android 9.0 Pie. Thanks to one of the XDA Senior member Thargorsson, the unofficial build of Lineage OS 16 is now available for the device. Users can flash Lineage OS 16 build directly via TWRP recovery. If you are a Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo user then you should try out the unofficial Lineage OS 16 On Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo.
Lineage OS 16 is the latest version of Lineage OS which is based on Google’s Android 9.0 Pie source code. This is the successor to Lineage OS 15.1. Lineage OS was previously known as CyanogenMod which was the most used and popular Custom ROM at that time. Team Lineage OS has been doing excellent work. The Lineage OS ROMs provide a very clean and simple Pixel like user experience.
The Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo was a very old device. It was released back in 2014 and at that time it came with Android 4.3 Jellybean and the final update from Samsung was 4.4 Kitkat. But the best part is that the device has been getting regular support from the developer’s community. Now thanks to the devs, users can try out the latest Android 9.0 Pie on their Galaxy S3 Neo.
Lineage OS 16 Features | Android 9.0 Pie Features
As Lineage OS 16 is based On Android 9.0 Pie’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 16 On Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo.
- Lineage OS 16 for Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo: Download Link (s3ve3gjv ) || Download Link (s3ve3gxx )
- Download GApps For Lineage OS 16 ROMs
- Rotate buggy a bit
How to Install Unofficial Lineage OS 16 On Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo | Android 9.0 Pie
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Official Lineage OS 16 Based on Android Pie. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.