If you want to Install Lineage OS 16 On SamsungGalaxy S5 Mini | Android 9.0 Pie, then we have got you covered here. Thanks to one of the XDA Senior member spookcity138, the unofficial build of Lineage OS 16 is now available for the device. Now you can download the ROM and flash Lineage OS 16 build directly via TWRP recovery If you are a Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini user then you should try out the unofficial Lineage OS 16 On Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini.
Lineage OS 16 is the latest version of Lineage OS which is based on Google’s Android 9.0 Pie source code. This is the successor to Lineage OS 15.1. Lineage OS was previously known as CyanogenMod which was the most used and popular Custom ROM at that time. Team Lineage OS has been doing excellent work. The Lineage OS ROMs provide a very clean and simple Pixel like user experience.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini is a mid-range device from Samsung released in 2014. It has a 4.50-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 720 pixels by 1280 pixels. The device is powered by 1.4GHz quad-core CPU coupled with 1.5GB of RAM. The phone packs 16GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 64GB via a microSD card.
It runs Android 4.4 KitKat out of the box and houses a 2100 non-removable battery. The device sports an 8-megapixel main and a 2.1-megapixel front camera for selfies.
Lineage OS 16 Features | Android 9.0 Pie Features
As Lineage OS 16 is based On Android 9.0 Pie’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 16 On Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini.
- HWC (Hardware Composer)
- NFC not working as of now
- Encryption – Trying to encrypt your device will stop suddenly after a few seconds and possibly cause a boot loop.
- Video recording via stock camera app (footej camera works fine. Possibly others will work too)
How to Install Unofficial Lineage OS 16 On Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini | Android 9.0 Pie
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Official Lineage OS 16 Based on Android Pie. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.