In our previous article, we’ve told you about that Nexus 6 will receive Android 7.1.1 Nougat update officially in January[icon name=”external-link” class=”” unprefixed_class=””]. Now google start rolling out the android 7.1.1 OTA (over-the-air) update for Nexus 6 Users and the update will reach your mobile region wise. Some of the device of Google like Google Pixel and some other Nexus device already received the android 7.1.1 update and now its time of Nexus 6 to get the OTA update.
Android 7.1.1 update will bring many features/options like app shortcuts, support for circular app icons, keyboard image insertion, new emojis, and more. because the Nexus phones did not receive the android 7.1.0 update, the update becomes even a lot of necessary for the lineup and also this Android 7.1.1 update includes recently launched Android security Update.
We also have the factory image and OTA update download file for Nexus 6 and also today we will tell How to install Android 7.1.1 OTA image on Nexus 6 (Angler)
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur to your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
Note: It is highly recommended to take backup of your important files and documents before preceding.
- This guide is for the following variants of the Nexus 6 only.
- A complete nandroid backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong.Guide How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
- Make sure your device is charged at least upto 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- Setup ADB & Fastboot on your windows or mac.Guide for Windows Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows / Guide For Mac How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux
Steps To Install Android 7.1.1 OTA update on Nexus 6 (Angler)
- First of all you have to Enable “USB Debugging” on your Nexus6.Guide [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android [icon name=”external-link” class=”” unprefixed_class=””]
- Download the OTA file on the internal memory of your device file (download section)
- Now reboot your Nexus6 into recovery mode. Guide How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)[icon name=”external-link” class=”” unprefixed_class=””]
- Once in recovery mode, Choose Install from ADB Sideload
- Then connect your Nexus6 to computer
- Now open the command window from the ADB Folder.(Press Shift + Right click and open command window)
- Check whether your device is connected properly or not.Issue the following command
- If you can see your device’s details, then your device is properly connected and you are ready to flash the Firmware)
- Enter this command in CMD Window to start flashing the Android 7.1.1 OTA update file
adb sideload File Name.zip
(Where filename.zip is the name of file you have downloaded)
- Now installation process will start
- Reboot your device once the installation gets done. !You have successfully installed Android 7.1.1 OTA update on Nexus6 (Angler)
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.